Maycee Barber: Is her stock up or down?

How have your feelings about Maycee changed?

• Total voters

Zebra Cheeks

Cheeky Bastard
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Originally after the fight, before she started talking, I was impressed. A young kid with a partial ACL rip. She’s still pulling reversals and hanging in their with a long time Vet known for putting away new kids on the block. And she hung. She did ok. She ultimately lost, but she impressed me because of her durability and toughness given the circumstances. I said in the PBP: “wow, she got a fan in me today. I’ll be watching her next bouts for sure”.

Then, she touched the mic. Disrespectful. Blunders a bit. I’m willing to let it slide. Now articles and interviews are coming out where she openly bashed Her opponent saying things like “we all know who the better fighter is, I was just unlucky”. She went from gaining me as a fan, to completely turning me off completely. What are your thoughts? How do you feel about her now?

Originally after the fight, before she started talking, I was impressed. A young kid with a partial ACL rip. She’s still pulling reversals and hanging in their with a long time Vet known for putting away new kids on the block. And she hung. She did ok. She ultimately lost, but she impressed me because of her durability and toughness given the circumstances. I said in the PBP: “wow, she got a fan in me today. I’ll be watching her next bouts for sure”.

Then, she touched the mic. Disrespectful. Blunders a bit. I’m willing to let it slide. Now articles and interviews are coming out where she openly bashed Her opponent saying things like “we all know who the better fight is, I was just unlucky”. She went from gaining me as a fan, to completely turning me off completely. What are your thoughts? How do you feel about her now?
This is exactly what I came on the thread to say.

Athletically, her stock is down. Barber is a definite prospect, and we will look forward to her return, but she lost to Roxanne. World-beaters don't lose to Roxanne. Sorry, they don't. She's 37 years old, 24-16. The injury sucks, but she still lost.

In terms of likability, also down. Macey's antics before the fight on social media and then afterwards with the mic made her seem disrespectful. So down across the board.

Athletically, her stock is down. Barber is a definite prospect, and we will look forward to her return, but she lost to Roxanne. World-beaters don't lose to Roxanne. Sorry, they don't. She's 37 years old, 24-16. The injury sucks, but she still lost.

In terms of likability, also down. Macey's antics before the fight on social media and then afterwards with the mic made her seem disrespectful. So down across the board.
It’s a shame too, because I don’t even know that she realizes how she’s coming across

I still like her more than before the fight. I still don't actually like her though.

She seems like a profoundly unlikeable person, although I respect her toughness and will to win.

I had hoped that the loss would humble her a bit, but it seems she will need to lose another one. I think she is surrounded by Yes-men, mainly her father.

Her father's name is Bucky, BTW.
Bucky Barber.

I don't care if I ever see her in the cage again.

I still like her more than before the fight. I still don't actually like her though.

She seems like a profoundly unlikeable person, although I respect her toughness and will to win.

I had hoped that the loss would humble her a bit, but it seems she will need to lose another one. I think she is surrounded by Yes-men, mainly her father.

Bucky Barber.
Yeah, I don’t know that I entirely understand the mentality. She obviously is a strong type A personality that’s used to winning, and being the best because she works for it. Unfortunately, unless your khabib, you take an L at some point in your career, and it’s a big turn off when you can’t admit you aren’t perfect

same as before. I don't care.

Roxanne has been fighting for over a decade... and was getting reversed by a girl with no ACL who has been fighting 2 years lol. Both of them would get lit up by Val.

Zhang probably KOs both of them too.

Originally after the fight, before she started talking, I was impressed. A young kid with a partial ACL rip. She’s still pulling reversals and hanging in their with a long time Vet known for putting away new kids on the block. And she hung. She did ok. She ultimately lost, but she impressed me because of her durability and toughness given the
circumstances. I said in the PBP: “wow, she got a fan in me today. I’ll be watching her next bouts for sure”.

Then, she touched the mic. Disrespectful. Blunders a bit. I’m willing to let it slide. Now articles and interviews are coming out where she openly bashed Her opponent saying things like “we all know who the better fighter is, I was just unlucky”. She went from gaining me as a fan, to completely turning me off completely. What are your thoughts? How do you feel about her now?
What did you expect from a 21 years old chick?
Also trash talk gains more "fans" (idiots) and media attention

What did you expect from a 21 years old chick?
Also trash talk gains more "fans" (idiots) and media attention
If she’s gonna shit talk, isn’t the best formula to typically talk before hand and not after? I mean even full tilt Conor and jones were classy after fights.

Bucky Barber.

58bbc2047f6040b98b087820f4a12170.jpg

I ll root against a her until she retires.

I will remain a fan for the trolling.

I usually don't care about personality but she's been annoying since I first heard her talk. She was an almost 10-1 favorite so her stock plummeted drastically when it comes to ability and potential (not that she doesn't have big potential). Stock wise when it comes to likeability, it'll continue to go down as she gets more well known if she continues the way she is. She's just a kid so maybe she'll turn that aspect around. Roxy's incredibly come into her own at 37.

Now articles and interviews are coming out where she openly bashed Her opponent saying things like “we all know who the better fighter is, I was just unlucky”.
Hey bro...if you could post a link or two, i'd be interested to read those articles. Haven't seen anything yet like that. Thanks in advance

I wasn't aware that Maycee discredited Roxy in any way, has she actually had an interview since the fight? I'm just curious.

Yes, her father went full potato and blamed the loss on the acl tear (which apparently happened in the first 10 seconds). He also discredited Roxy's skills completely.

Back