Conor claims to have "never really been beaten"

Shr3dd3r

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Conor had a really good comeback fight, but then he screws up his moment by claiming some ridiculous things. No, he's never been KO'd, he's been submitted. But some people would consider tapping out worse than being KO'd, since you are mentally and verbally telling your opponent, fully aware, that you don't want him to continue hurting you, that you can't handle anymore pain. Furthemore, he avoided the TKO from Diaz by shooting in and choosing to get submitted instead. Khabib didn't seem to humble this guy enough the first time.

Article below:
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/1/...eat-but-ive-never-been-really-beaten-mma-news

Last edited:
It's true. He was inefficient with his balloon. And no one else has injuries and personal problems.

Its true, Conor has never been unconscious and instead just decided to leave on his own terms without taking much damage. Some people would rather receive a large dose of CTE rather than be man enough to admit its not their night and they aren't going to win this one and call it a day.

JTIk18a.png

Its true, Conor has never been unconscious and instead just decided to leave on his own terms without taking much damage. Some people would rather receive a large dose of CTE rather than be man enough to admit its not their night and they aren't going to win this one and call it a day.

Men don't call it a day when things get a little rough.

“I’ve never really been beaten, let’s be real. You’ve never seen me beat. You beat a man by concussing him with blows to the nut. Putting him down."

Well sure. When he is using the term like "beaten down" instead of "beat (in a competition)" then he's not technically wrong.

Agreed it's a stupid verbal fence for him to straddle. But like many other things he does, it added attention, didn't it?

Yeah whatever. That’s stupid

That sort of shit undermines his successful moments.

Bad move Conor. Admit / accept defeat, and move on.

Men don't call it a day when things get a little rough.
Thats not what I said, Conor has never given up when it just got a little rough, overcame pretty bad situation multiple times, he has only given up when it was a complete lost cause.

There is a difference between a little rough and a lost cause, refusing to give up on a lost cause is dumb and I don't see anything admirable about it, its allowing your emotions to overrule logic.

So what happened to

I either win or I learn?

And his fans will eat this up.

And He would have been KO'd/TKO'd by Nate the first time if he had not been a coward and panic wrestled.

“I’ve never really been beaten, let’s be real. You’ve never seen me beat. You beat a man by concussing him with blows to the nut. Putting him down."

So giving up your neck before you can be "beaten" is better? This level of delusion is just ridiculous.

I feel its difficult to stop him via strikes,Masvidal wony be able to do it too,he has a pretty good chin.

Welp, he wants the PR and that's what hes getting here by skirting words to piss people off.

Thats not what I said, Conor has never given up when it just got a little rough, overcame pretty bad situation multiple times, he has only given up when it was a complete lost cause.

There is a difference between a little rough and a lost cause, refusing to give up on a lost cause is dumb and I don't see anything admirable about it, its allowing your emotions to overrule logic.

Conor panicking and giving up is his signature move.

Sometimes he just runs away though.

5kzey284oxo689rzg.jpg

Conor had a really good comeback fight, but then he screws up his moment by claiming some ridiculous things. No, he's never been KO'd, he's been submitted. But some people would consider tapping out worse than being KO'd, since you are mentally and verbally telling your opponent, fully aware, that you don't want him to continue hurting you, that you can't handle anymore pain. Furthemore, he avoided the TKO from Diaz by shooting in and choosing to get submitted instead. Khabib didn't seem to humble this guy enough the first time.

Article below:
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/1/...eat-but-ive-never-been-really-beaten-mma-news

it's not easy for a fighter to admit they lost. they need reasons(excuses) to help them cope...pretty much all fighters are like this...some just keep it to themselves...but I'm sure every fighter that loses, tells themselves a good reason why they lost.

I like Conor but he doesn't half talk out of his ass on this. He's never really been beaten? Then he also never really was the Cage Warriors Featherweight Champion.
mekgrekker.png

Conor panicking and giving up is his signature move.

Sometimes he just runs away though.

5kzey284oxo689rzg.jpg

in that clip, notice how nate isn't chasing after conor...they are both walking around...nate doesn't seem all that interested in going after conor...so conor took advantage and took a break to get his wits back..smart move... and I don't see any running...I see conor walking around the cage, and nate walking at the same speed...not rushing at him full force, making him fight.

it's not easy for a fighter to admit they lost. they need reasons(excuses) to help them cope...pretty much all fighters are like this...some just keep it to themselves...but I'm sure every fighter that loses, tells themselves a good reason why they lost.
Yeah for sure but the fighters I know still take at least partial responsibility for their loss. None that I know go as far as to say that they've never been beaten when they clearly have.

Back