Santiago Ponzinibbio would’ve been the perfect comeback fight for Conor

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He’s on a crazy streak BUT is a really winnable fight imo, and has way more credibility as an opponent than Cowboy.

I feel like Conor would’ve stopped Ponzi eventually.

He’s on a crazy streak BUT is a really winnable fight imo, and has way more credibility as an opponent than Cowboy.

Is that guy badly injured or something? That or he popped and is keeping it on the DL. Hasn't fought in a while well over a year now I imo with nothing on the horizon.

Seems like Cowboy was the perfect comeback fight for Conor...no?

Conor probably values his eyesight too much to fight Ponzinibbio.

Idk, he is a good opponent, but Dana would've never let it happen because he wants money.

high risk exremely low reward fight for Conor that wouldnt sell because outside a few hardcore fans nobody has ever heard of Santiago thus this fight wouldnt have made sense at all.

Great business sense to have CONOR fight some guy nobody even knows or gives a shit about.

Ponzinibbio is a no name and a tough challenge, there is not a chance in hell Conor would even consider him as an opponent at this stage.

Last edited:
Look, I Like Ponzi.

But that's fckng stupid.
98% of casual don't know this guy.

Business wise, it make no fckng sense at all.
Ranking wise, not much either.

Is that guy badly injured or something? That or he popped and is keeping it on the DL. Hasn't fought in a while well over a year now I imo with nothing on the horizon.
Bad luck with health. Pretty sure he was injured at first and then he had an infection or something ugly like that.

And OP makes no sense. Ponzi is bigger, has a great chin, is game, is dangerous and pretty well rounded... and nobody knows who he is.

Cowboy was perfect and Gaethje next is perfect too.

He had surgery (twice) in one of his knees due to infection last year, and then, staph infection in one of his legs. He is almost recoverered and in full training, hoping to return soon

The guy has fought once in over 2 years. Is he still fighting? I haven't heard anything about him.

People bought the Cowboy ppv who probably don't follow mma outwith Conor fights, stop pretending they have any clue who Cowboy is. The first time about 25% of people watching that fight saw Cowboy was when he was walking out. Conor vs Magny would sell huge.

Back