GSP vs Connor.....WHY or WHY NOT????

BetoG695

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
In the world of Money fights we live in and Now that connor has gone up to 170 and seemingly might stay up there for a belt... Is it Time for the UFC to Come out with GSP VS Connor? IS there a bigger fight that the ufc could come out with then two double champs fighting each other? Why doesnt this match up get brought up more often? GSP cant walk off with another belt if he wins, if connor wins he has a direct line to Usman and goes over one of the GOATs....UFC Makes millions.....connor makes millions GSP makes millions, everybody wins... so why isnt this on the table?

Because GSP lied to Dana and Dana will hold a spiteful grudge and never offer him another fight again.

It could happen. I doubt Dana wants to see GSP wrestlefuck Conor to a 50-45 decision, and then retire again.... but there's no doubt the fight would be massive. It's just the type of shortsighted money grab that the UFC is all about these days.

Because your hero would get laid on and beat on while Georges jock sniffs for 25 minutes.

Because your hero would get laid on and beat on while Georges jock sniffs for 25 minutes.

lol

wasn’t it GSP himself talking up Cowboy and how explosive and powerful he is (wrestling) in the weeks before the Conor fight?

GSP might meet the same fate as Cowboy.

....or everyone could predict GSP would do that yet he comes out with some masterful shit like when he jabbed Koscheck to pieces.

It's a fight that Conor would not win but seeing as Conor is basically doing fights out of weight divisions would be good fight to see

GSP used to fighting people at this weight and no way Conor stops the takedowns

No disrespect to Conor but we need to remember there is a reason GSP was so dominant fur so long and able to defend the belt so many times . He fights you where your weakest and is very good in every aspect of the game

Also Conor isn't a contender for the welterweight strap and GSP basically used to fight them all one by one and 50-45 majority of them .

He beat everyone they put in front of him

No way Conrad tkes this, no reach advantage

lol

wasn’t it GSP himself talking up Cowboy and how explosive and powerful he is (wrestling) in the weeks before the Conor fight?

GSP might meet the same fate as Cowboy.

Might. Maybe. Could. Possibly should.

You never know in a fist fight. I doubt Georges even comes back. I think he wins though.

Because we all know this ends with Conner looking shamed and saying "I wasn't efficient wit me riddum."

Conor hits a lot harder than Matt Serra

This fight is far too dangerous for GSP

Conor also felt what it's like to fight a much better wrestler than GSP so hes well prepared

2020 GSP? I don't know about that..... 2013 GSP would take it pretty clearly. But he took 4 years off, came back and now another 3 years off.

Might. Maybe. Could. Possibly should.

You never know in a fist fight. I doubt Georges even comes back. I think he wins though.

^ good way to sum it up

would love to see it

I would also expect some funny, ‘respectful but passive aggressive’ promo stuff from both in the lead up to it lol

What's the obsession here with irrelevant fights?
Conor should fight relevant active fighters with the intention of getting a shot at the LW or WW belt.

And that's not Gaethje at 170 or GSP at any weight. He should fight a genuine top 10 fighter from LW or WW at the weight they fight at. If he wants Gaethje then fight him at 155. If he wants to stick at 170 then fight Covington.

^ good way to sum it up

would love to see it

I would also expect some funny, ‘respectful but passive aggressive’ promo stuff from both in the lead up to it lol

I would be there for all of it, lol

LOL no hero of mine, not the biggest fan of GSP either but its one of those "super fights" thats currently possible

Last edited:
Conor hits a lot harder than Matt Serra

This fight is far too dangerous for GSP

Conor also felt what it's like to fight a much better wrestler than GSP so hes well prepared
Khabib is Possibly a better Grappler but not a better Wrestler.... GSP takedowns are alot more dynamic its not just grab on and pull/grind you down....

What's the obsession here with irrelevant fights?
Conor should fight relevant active fighters with the intention of getting a shot at the LW or WW belt.

And that's not Gaethje at 170 or GSP at any weight. He should fight a genuine top 10 fighter from LW or WW at the weight they fight at. If he wants Gaethje then fight him at 155. If he wants to stick at 170 then fight Covington.
Connor clearly has no intrest to go up the rankings traditionally...he wants to make money and have a legacy.... Beating GSP would give both... GSP wants Big intresting fights for Legacy...Connor is both...whats bigger for legacy then a 1st triple division champ?

Back