Conor is grossly over rated

TheOldMan

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The 24/7 threads about Conor beating Cowboy reek of Conor nuthuggers looking for ANYTHING to keep their folk hero alive.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
Conor isn't in the same league as Khabib, Tony, Justin etc. Each one of these guys smashes Conor, and Khabib already proved it. The UFC can try to protect his ass but ultimately he'll end up against the likes of a Tony and everything we saw in the Khabib fight will be doubly confirmed: Conor cannot hang with multi dimensional fighters who can neutralize his left hand. Footwork and one power hand don't translate to wins in the current environment.
Conor fans: Can you set aside his trash talk (the WWE equivalent as to why you like him) and appreciate better mixed martial artists like Khabib, Tony, Justin, Dustin etc. Talk and bravado don't equal MMA success, it just results in more satisfaction when the falsely arrogant mouth (Conor in this case) gets silenced.

Conor haters are grossly underrated!!

Their threads discrediting him are hilarious!

He's an exciting fighter, but he's overrated for sure.

His best wins came either against guys that were undersized or inexperienced - with the exception of Eddie Alvarez, maybe.

EDIT: To be clear, i consider Conor to be a very good fighter, i just don't see how he's supposed to be the second best lightweight or so when he's 1-1 at that weightclass and 2-1 at welterweight against guys that are not much bigger than him, if at all.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

The haters are far more pathetic

Just enjoys the fights. Even at the beginning of the 4th vs Khabib after getting grapplefucked....he still marched straight forward after Khabib. C'mon, you gotta love that shit

Balls to the wall fighting style. It's what made Chuck Liddell so famous

Khabib is better than him, but how does that imply that Conor loses to Tony and Justin ?

Conor would be a favorite against both of them imo

Also Conor has thoroughly dismantled Poirier, not sure why you said that he is a better fighter

Conor beat Chad in his prime and at the time prime Aldo. Also made Eddie who was the champion look like an amateur. He's a pretty damn good fighter like him or not.

Conor KOs Tonys head to his ass.

I'll account bet you if this fight ever comes to pass.

Ahh but entertaining :p

Just enjoys the fights. Even at the beginning of the 4th vs Khabib after getting grapplefucked....he still marched straight forward after Khabib. C'mon, you gotta love that shit

I do love that shit. Not quite as much as I enjoyed Khabib rearranging his face, but to his credit he did at least try, no matter how clearly outmatched.

but how does that imply that Conor loses to Tony and Justin ?

Conor would be a favorite against both of them imo

And he shouldn't be. If those odds hold I'll be happy to cash in on the fact that Tony and Justin are the far superior fighters.

Conor beat Chad in his prime and at the time prime Aldo. Also made Eddie who was the champion look like an amateur. He's a pretty damn good fighter like him or not.

He beat Chad who wasn't even ready to fight and showed up with no gas tank. Eddie was in a weird spot on how he had the title and fell off quickly. And Aldo was an impressive win but given the run Aldo had I don't see why he was not given a rematch with McGregor. My biggest knock against McGregor is the fact he never defended his title and frankly I feel like he's an inactive fighter who now only fights for paychecks, I'd love to see him fight more regularly he has too many interesting matchups. At 155 Tony, Gaethe, and Dustin are all great matchups (the dustin he beat is not the same Dustin as there is today) and at 170 he has no business there Usman and others are too powerful and big for him.

I'll account bet you if this fight ever comes to pass.

I do love that shit. Not quite as much as I enjoyed Khabib rearranging his face, but to his credit he did at least try, no matter how clearly outmatched.
Styles make fights pal.

Anyone can admit that a fighter like Conor will always have a problem with fighters who dive for ankles.

The 24/7 threads about Conor beating Cowboy reek of Conor nuthuggers looking for ANYTHING to keep their folk hero alive.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
Conor isn't in the same league as Khabib, Tony, Justin etc. Each one of these guys smashes Conor, and Khabib already proved it. The UFC can try to protect his ass but ultimately he'll end up against the likes of a Tony and everything we saw in the Khabib fight will be doubly confirmed: Conor cannot hang with multi dimensional fighters who can neutralize his left hand. Footwork and one power hand don't translate to wins in the current environment.
Conor fans: Can you set aside his trash talk (the WWE equivalent as to why you like him) and appreciate better mixed martial artists like Khabib, Tony, Justin, Dustin etc. Talk and bravado don't equal MMA success, it just results in more satisfaction when the falsely arrogant mouth (Conor in this case) gets silenced.
tumblr_oez3jv2WZM1qz72h4o4_r2_250.gifv

Meh.. chad win was obviously a win, but lets not act like he even had a camp. He wasn't even training following up to that fight. And while the Aldo win was impressive, Aldo was already starting to show some chi-nks in his armor.
That being said, I think he's a great fighter but I dont hold his as high as the nut huggers do, and dont hold him as low as his haters. The way he finished cowboy was impressive, but lets not act like cowboy doesn't tend to get blown on in "impressive" manner anytime he's in a high profile fight... (Especially against a notoriously fast starter).

I agree he's a damned good fighter. He's just not a top notch fighter like Khabib, Tony and Justin.

Meh.. chad win was obviously a win, but lets not act like he even had a camp. He wasn't even training following up to that fight. And while the Aldo win was impressive, Aldo was already starting to show some chi-nks in his armor.
That being said, I think he's a great fighter but I dont hold his as high as the nut huggers do, and dont hold him as low as his haters. The way he finished cowboy was impressive, but lets not act like cowboy doesn't tend to get blown on in "impressive" manner anytime he's in a high profile fight... (Especially against a notoriously fast starter).

Aldo was showing cracks in his armor...

Nobody

No bo dy

Was saying that before the fight. Such an embarrassing, triggered mind spin of the fight after the fact.

Balls to the wall fighting style. It's what made Chuck Liddell so famous
In before someone posts Conor "resetting" over and over against Diaz

Back