What makes you think Gaethje is a worst stylistic matchup than Cowboy for Conor?

Gaethje is a way better fighter than cowboy

Fearsome actually. Even in defeat it takes a war and reaching into depth of your soul to stop him.

way more power
way better chin
relentless pressure
younger
crippling leg kicks
d1 wresting
Doesn't fold under pressure
better record

Way better cardio than Conor
very durable

Justin ain't gonna fold for a paycheck, he's coming to taking McGregors head, plus he fights smarter now and more patient.

If Conor doesn't stop him early he'll be face down ass up career over
HappyEsteemedCuttlefish-size_restricted.gif

AngrySmallElephantbeetle-size_restricted.gif

DecisiveMealyGerbil-size_restricted.gif

PersonalImmediateComet-max-1mb.gif

960x0.jpg

Last edited:
Gaethje has better performance than cowboy right now, his chin is much better but don't forget his defense striking sucks

How many punches to the face can he endure against a 170 lbs Conor?

I suspect some people talk it up a bit too much, though I still think it's a fight that needs to happen at some point in which Justin would be a live threat -- especially if he isn't overly aggressive, but still manages to make it dirty with a mix of power shots and wrestling. I wouldn't put money on him, though; my sneaking suspicion is that Conor would probably box him up like Dustin did.

Gaethje is tailor made for Conor to get another early finish. Justin gets hit far too often

100% anti Conor but I don’t see how he has any trouble with Gaethje. Far more accurate with legit power. Conor sleeps him in one.

Justin has been beat up and put away by Eddie and Dustin. He also fades late in fights..

Conor will find his chin early and often. I see another KO/TKO in round 1 maybe..

I get the feeling Dana White doesn't want to reward Gaethje with this fight after he's clearly avoided others, so it probably won't happen

For Gaethje to beat Conrad, he's going to have to use defense, wrestling and leg kicks. I'd like to think that if he's serious in making a title run, he'd make these adjustments.

Gaethje is a better fighter than cowboy

way more power
way better chin
relentless pressure
crippling leg kicks
d1 wresting
Doesn't fold under pressure
better record

Way better cardio than Conor
very durable

Justin ain't gonna fold for a paycheck, he's coming to taking McGregors head

If Conor doesn't stop him early he'll be face down ass up career over

960x0.jpg

All of this plus the fact that Justin is hungry for a title. Cowboy has been pretty ho hum about a title shot for a long time and seems more to be collecting checks recently.
Justin won't fold so easily.

100% anti Conor but I don’t see how he has any trouble with Gaethje. Far more accurate with legit power. Conor sleeps him in one.

Yes. The accuracy of Conor is the key.. Not just the power. He finds the target very often. Justin will stand there trying to box and leg kick giving Conor openings..

I just don’t see it.l, can you help me

Justin is a relevant contender, a good stylistic match up, and would make for an exciting fight. I don’t see why all these Conor pabs have a problem with it.

For Gaethje to beat Conrad, he's going to have to use defense, wrestling and leg kicks. I'd like to think that if he's serious in making a title run, he'd make these adjustments.

Has he ever used his wrestling? I have never seen it..

gaethje is :

- younger, hungry as fuck, not just " happy to be here "
- Very good chin
- D1 Wrestler, so if he want to, he will take down conor
- low kick game, interesting to see how conor will deal with that
- Very good fighter in th pocket, much better than conor ...
- better cardio

However gaethje also is :

- Slow and predictable on the feet
- Doesn't protect his body
- Doesnt really use his wrestling
- his grappling is legit bad for the division standards ...
- is not at all at the same lvl of striking as conor, at least at boxing and kicking range
- like to brawl too much, which is not good against elite strikers in general.

Conclusion : much tougher fight than the cowboy fight for conor, but still very winnable. 60/40 in favor of conor in my opinion.

He's not a bad matchup, but he is a better fighter and throwing a single punch would be better than cowboy's performance.

I get the feeling Dana White doesn't want to reward Gaethje with this fight after he's clearly avoided others, so it probably won't happen
I get the feeling Dana White doesn't want Conor to lose to Gaethje with this fight, so it probably won't happen

Its pretty interesting how divided the forum is on a Conor/Gaethje match-up. People think it'll be an easy win either for Conor or Gaethje. Personally I like the fight because Gaethje has great recovery, a strong wrestling background, heavy hands and heavy leg kicks. I don't think it'll be easy for either guy. Conor could drop Gaethje a couple of times and Justin could still get up and just keep swinging. Those kicks could be a real factor going into the later rounds. This would be a barn-burner and sets up the #1 contender for Khabib so neatly. Gaethje makes bank and Conor could get a title shot off a win over a legit contender

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back