Should Makhachev go up and take the 170 strap

TheJohnnyWalkerEra

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
then come back down and take the LW belt when Khabib retires?

That way he won't have to wait for Khabib

This ain't rocky 4 foo
Don't get machachev killed

This ain't rocky 4 foo
Don't get machachev killed
giphy.gif

nah he just need a signature win against a top 10 fighter and the hype will begin. Hopefully for him he can fight Al iaquinta next.

I wouldn't mind seeing him at 170. He's bigger than khabib.

I don't think he'd do very well at 170

Won't be able to deal with the size of guys like Usman/Colby/Woodley

nah he just need a signature win against a top 10 fighter and the hype will begin. Hopefully for him he can fight Al iaquinta next.

But they arent giving him any top 10 opponents at LW.

then come back down and take the LW belt when Khabib retires?

That way he won't have to wait for Khabib

This is a good idea. They don't want him to move up the LW rankings due to Khabib, so he can take some fights at WW for the time being? Or catch-weight bouts at 160-165.

He'd destroy Nate Diaz lol, but Nate said he doesnt want to fight any "suckers" who can wrestle.

Yes please, go up to 170 and get murdered and then come back down and remain a gatekeeper.

oh and TS... no

Before it got to that point, Conor ducked in a twitter reply.
Im guessing Conor asked him who he was?

that goof is no where near a fight with Conor... let him get a couple top 10 wins first before we start talking about him fighting the top guys

Im guessing Conor asked him who he was?

that goof is no where near a fight with Conor... let him get a couple top 10 wins first before we start talking about him fighting the top guys

Nah he sent a lengthy tweet (much longer than Islam's), basically saying no he wants a Khabib rematch not a fight with Makhachev.

He knew more about Islam than most of us do - for ex I didnt know he was the team nutritionist till Conor tweeted so

I don't think he'd do very well at 170

Won't be able to deal with the size of guys like Usman/Colby/Woodley
He supposedly walks around close to what they do though. Josh Thompson has stated many times that Islam is bigger then Khabib out of fight camp. I doubt Covington is much bigger then Islam.

Back