Soooo is Leon Edwards gonna be the new John Fitch???

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Already took an L to the "dominant" Champ. On a pretty good winning streak and does not appear to be about to lose in the near future but it's unlikely that the UFC will look towards him for a titleshot. Many fans consider him boring all though I believe most are over critical. Not a diss thread. I like him but what are his chances of getting a titleshot even if he wins 3 or 3 more fights in your opinion???

no, Fitch had a style that was like watching paint dry... Leon is a solid fighter, and far more exciting than given credit for

no, Fitch had a style that was like watching paint dry... Leon is a solid fighter, and far more exciting than given credit for
I don't disagree but do you see him getting a rematch with Usman anytime soon?

Leon is not half as boring as people make him out to be. I think him vs. Masvidal would be a much more entertaining and competitive fight to watch than Masvidal/Diaz was.

Leon is not half as boring as people make him out to be. I think him vs. Masvidal would be a much more entertaining and competitive fight to watch than Masvidal/Diaz was.
I agree with this

I definitely have been wanting to see this. The story is already there.

Well it couldn't possibly be any less competitive

If he sparks Twood I would say that he is next in line for sure. I don't believe they could deny him a shot. He is very well rounded. I just don't see him beating Usman to be truthful. He might be sharper and more technical in exchanges with Usman but I don't see that fight being a slug fest like the Colby fight. Obviously Usman will implement wrestling.

I possibly see Woodley losing to Leon as well though. Woodley has wrestling advantage but I can see Leon defending takedowns and outstriking Woodley and pressuring him on the cage. Although, Woodley looks like he is training his striking hard and drilling some Muay Thai. Hard to say. One fight at a time though.

If he sparks Twood I would say that he is next in line for sure. I don't believe they could deny him a shot. He is very well rounded. I just don't see him beating Usman to be truthful. He might be sharper and more technical in exchanges with Usman but I don't see that fight being a slug fest like the Colby fight. Obviously Usman will implement wrestling.

I possibly see Woodley losing to Leon as well though. Woodley has wrestling advantage but I can see Leon defending takedowns and outstriking Woodley and pressuring him on the cage. Although, Woodley looks like he is training his striking hard and drilling some Muay Thai. Hard to say. One fight at a time though.
Yes I've seen the post of Woodley training but momentum, age, and style wise I'd say Edwards has the advantage. Even with a win over Woodley I feel like Jorge and/or Conor could easily leap frog him for a titleshot. And imagine if Khabib gets crazy and wants to go up!!

Can we bring Larkin back and let them bang? His stand up isn't bad. He just ended up on the wrong end of the Masdival jokes so it's setting him back. But it's still recognition he wasn't getting.

He's definitely being given the Max Holloway treatment/build as a contender. But I believe he'll beat T-Wood, may even gave to win 1 more after that just because the UFC gonna UFC. I think he's the most well-rounded WW in the world so I feel confident in his chance against anyone. And he's young getting better with each fight.

Leon edwards is a underrated fighter
Just doesnt get the following of a top ranked fighter because he doesnt have an exciting personality as a Jorge Masvidal

Quite simple honestly,If he beats Woodley and Conor stays away from 170 he'll get the winner of Usman/Mas.

Back