JDS vs Blaydes up next, who you got?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
JDS is a shell of his former self from all the beatings he’s taken at HW, especially at the hands of Cain 2 & 3.

Curtis Blaydes is coming in hot only losing to Ngannou x2.

Do we see a repeat of Cain’s beat down of JDS or will American Top Team JDS survive the ground attacks and pick Curtis apart on the feet?

I think JDS will never fix the hole that is him putting his back against the fence and that’s where Curtis will drag him down and beat him. Not sure if he’ll finish but 5 rounds is a long time so odds are it might depending on how broken JDS is these days.

3e5caf60-d030-11e9-b9af-df01a0f73768
960x0.jpg

JDS. I haven't seen good level striking yet from Blaydes and JDS is very hard to take down.

Im surprised JDS is still fighting, i got Blaydes simply on how worn JDS is at this point, JDS before running into Cain? JDS all day.

Expect a very boring 5 round decision win for Blaydes.

He'll be able to take JDS down but he won't be able to hurt him very much. JDS won't have much gas left after a couple rounds of hard wrestling.

I am excited to finally see JDS’ black belt grappling skills against a true wrestler. It sucks that Brock vs JDS has never happened.

The only wrestler he has fought was Cain but Cain was too well rounded and had good luck mixing wrestling with striking and clinch. Except for the time when AKA used Rogan’s plan of mixing kicks with punches of course.

Big Frank's leftovers.

I hope JDS can get a win, always supporting him. JDS actually has very good TDD, he is not easy to get down...it rarely has ever happened and he has had tons of fights in UFC.

Blaydes will hurt JSD, and people will ask for JSD retirement

Blaydes by TKO 2nd round

I'll be pulling for JDS but this one feels like it could end out poorly

JDS was a great competitor but his best days are definitely behind him.

Rooting for JDS. I'm not impressed with Blaydes. He's a good wrestler by HW standards but that's all he has. The Reem win was an anomaly on his resume.

Still, it'll be interesting to see JDS have to wrestle for once. I'd assume his wrestling consists of just trying to get up so he'll probably lose on points.

Last edited:
Rooting for JDS. I'm not impressed with Blaydes. He's a good wrestler by HW standards but that's all he has. The Reem win was an anomaly on his resume.

Still, it'll be interesting to see JDS have to wrestler for us. I'd assume his wrestling consists of just trying to get up so he'll probably lose on points.

JDS has good TDD but he always ends up with his back against cage

Leaning Blades. I see him eventually wearing JDS out on the ground. He might stop the takedowns at first but I think the persistence and physicality of Blades eventually take over. Probably not against a prime JDS but against a shopworn one it seems likely.

I like JDS here, he seems rejuvenated as of late

jds has awesome tdd but hes worn at this point. even if blaydes doesnt get him down early he can grind jds against the fence and maybe drag him down in rounds 3-5

on the other hand jds is the better striker and is crafty enough to point fight blaydes on the feet. jds also has good conditioning for a hw, although hes old now and visibly has slown down across the board.

i think it goes decision either way. ill pick blaydes. easier to grind on your opponent as the wrestler than stay away and keep blaydes at range all fight and score enough

Back