Burgos Back Talk - Sherdog.com Mailbag Column (Send in your questions)

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
We're back again with the mailbag column on Sherdog.com run by "Captain Credential" Jason Burgos, who will be answering your questions this week.

We're calling this "Burgos Back Talk"!

Fire your questions at him, anything about that last card, upcoming fights, news or some other question you always wanted to ask a Sherdog.com writer. He's ready!

Last week's article can be found at: https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Back-Talk-Jason-Burgos-Mailbag-168883

He answered questions posed on the forum last week from @WHALEWOLF, @3nigma, @Liverkick-king56, @sgtpepper and @AmericanMMA.

I'll start, I guess. What do we do with Conor McGregor now?

I'll start, I guess. What do we do with Conor McGregor now?
Replace Tony with Conor.
Strip Khabib when he refuses to fight Conor and have Conor fight the LW Goat, BJ Penn for the vacant title.
Then make a 165lb title and match Conor against Nate.
Finally offer Masvidal Conor at LW then gift Conor a WW title shot off the fight, win or lose, because if he loses it was only because of the weight cut.

This stuff is obvious to true MMA fans bro.

What do you think about Cerrone's performance vs Conor ? I, and many others, found it to be suspicious and if he wasn't paid off to take a dive or not land a strike, he sure didn't seem to try very hard.

Also, where does Cerrone go from here ? It's obvious he won't contend for a title again.

Let’s talk heavyweights!
We’ve got stipe talking retirement due to an eye injury, and DC has made it clear he wants 1 more fight. So now, we’ve got DC without a dance partner so to speak. Do you think it’s Brock, or ngannou? And with DC and Stipe stepping down, who do you see becoming the next dominant champion at HW, or do you expect the belt to change hands often for the foreseeable future.

Lets move on from Saturday and to the next UFC PPV... Jones vs Reyes, who takes it and how?

Lets move on from Saturday and to the next UFC PPV... Jones vs Reyes, who takes it and how?
I like that one, yes get Jason to give his view on how he thinks Jones vs Reyes goes. I think Reyes COULD win that fight.

Here's my Q (2 parts) :
Q1a: Nurmagomedov vs Tony Ferguson : What is the strategy for Ferguson to maximize his chances of doing what nobody has ever done: beating Khabib?
Q1b: And if Tony can do it and get the huge Win, what does Jason think is the most likely victory method for him : via KO or Sub or Decision?

What's next for Greg Hardy after he KO's De Castro inside one?

Back