Cerrone's poor judgement or fragile body?

wookie brawl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
RespectfulLeadingHellbender-size_restricted.gif

Fighting 101: You cant protect your head and body at the same time, you should always protect your head. Cerrone saw the kick and he chose to protect his body.
Why would you choose to protect your body, especially in round 1?
Conor did the body stare and went upstairs, an effective technique to fool a noob. This was too easy for Conor.

Archie Moore 101 - You CAN protect your body and head at the same time.

RespectfulLeadingHellbender-size_restricted.gif

Fighting 101: You cant protect your head and body at the same time, you should always protect your head. Cerrone saw the kick and he chose to protect his body.
Why would you choose to protect your body, especially in round 1?
Conor did the body stare and went upstairs, an effective technique to fool a noob. This was too easy for Conor.
He did fake the body kick very well, and Cerrone's mid section is pretty jacked up. Everyone was expecting Conor to exploit that, and he said pre fight that he was going for body shots.

It was all made even more effective due to Conor rarely throwing kicks, especially head kicks. All the talk was about Corrone's kicks, who really expected Conor to kick him in the face? Nobody.

It looked like a body kick but you can see the halfway switch to the head. I think GSP does a similar kick.

Jesus, from that angle it almost looks like a question mark kick. (I know it's not.)

Just a brilliant performance by Conor. People are going to bash Cowboy for doing everything wrong, but Conor for his part, did almost everything right.

Cowboy said Im gonna meet that sum bitch in the middle and trade standup Yah sure thing Cowboy how you feeling today

It looked like a body kick but you can see the halfway switch to the head. I think GSP does a similar kick.
He does, Conor's switch was a little more subtle imo. No chance Donald thought that was going high.

He had flashbacks from the last big fight where RDA did pretty much the same thing to him but with a body kick.

Dont you guys get it ? This really doesn't matter. Theres a reason why McGregor first wanted edgar then was able to settle on the popular gatekeeper who's winding down. A much needed free meal for Conors return. We all saw how khabib fight ended. The wme, Dana and Conor needed this. A brutal first round finish and Conor did deliver on his end..... regardless.
In reality , last night meant little. I'll be interested in Conors next fight and willing to give benefit of doubt .Hes a heckuva stand up fighter but he is a lightweight...and really should have to get a relevant win before bhibster 2. Dana politics not on same page. It's a win win for Dana/wme so ..... a big win win.

So much for the rest of the extremely talented 155 division.

Cowboy couldn't block a kick that was thrown without any setup.

Great set up by Conor, but Cerrone really needs to call it a day before he can't remember his son's name.

Back