Is Masvidal really too big for McGregor?

ThoskaBrah

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I don't get it. Everybody, Dana White and MMA Media, keeps this narrative that Masvidal is too big for McGregor which does not make sense in my opinion. Masvidal is a former lightweight who does not want to cut that much weight and moved up to Welterweight. Sure, Masvidal put up a few great knockouts lately.

Seeing McGregor fight at Welterweight also tells me that there is not much size difference. Skillwise I'd favour McGregor. It's actually a decent match-up for McGregor in contrary to Khabib or Usman.
So why is everbody so dismissive of McGregor's chances against Masvidal??

Not really
Masvidal is skinny fat at 170

I think Conor would be a lot quicker than him and I hate Conor for the record

When did mcg have a winnable fight (that wasn't a dive, a cherry pick or a fluke) according to sherdog?

No.. Dana saying that is Dana acting like he knows about fighting.. Maybe boxercise but not fighting. He is no bigger than Cowboy..

Plus Mas is a striker. He is not wrestling..

Look at these two girls in the bath
giphy.gif

Conor's entire bravado is about making it seem like he's taking these big risks. Every time he "moves" to 170, he fights guys who historically fight at 155.

Almost the entirety of Masvidal's career has been at 155. He's not Kamaru. He isn't Woodley. The entire storytline is about setting up the loss, and boosting the triumph. If he loses, it's because it was against a man much larger. If he wins, he is a three division God. It's a win win storyline.

He was literally jumping off the ground with some attacks yesterday. Yeah, Conor is undersized at WW, and Masvidal is pretty good in the category. He is no Usman, but he is a big boy.

Not only is he not that big he's really not even all that good

No. He was a lightweight for most of his career. He just got tired of cutting weight and adjusted well.

Conor's entire bravado is about making it seem like he's taking these big risks. Every time he "moves" to 170, he fights guys who historically fight at 155.

Almost the entirety of Masvidal's career has been at 155. He's not Kamaru. He isn't Woodley. The entire storytline is about setting up the loss, and boosting the triumph. If he loses, it's because it was against a man much larger. If he wins, he is a three division God. It's a win win storyline.
true, but it's a great story and I want to see that fight.

Not really

that's skinny fat? you must look like a prime Linford Christie

Not really

Dude, you’re a bum poster. Bottom of the barrel.

Skinny fat? This guy?

masvidal.jpg

UFC-239-Masvidal-v-Askren-0febf0c925a31d926d149eb52d51d824.jpg

You are making everyone here dumber with your dimwit comments.

Conor is a big, rangy lightweight. He was absurdly oversized for featherweight and looked unhealthy making weight. At 155lbs he's got tremendous reach and a reasonable weight cut.

Masvidal was a big lightweight who looked gaunt on the scale at 156lbs. He would fight more conservatively - and his career suffered for it with split decisions - because he was depleted. However, he makes for a very small welterweight.

Gamebred is the face of a 165lbs division fighter. He is bigger then Conor, albeit marginally, but still very small for welterweight. Personally I think the size gap isn't a very big deal, but this is an extraordinarily tough matchup for Conor.

There is a reason Conor picked a fight with the guy coming off back to back loses that has a history of folding in the first round.

Dude, you’re a bum poster. Bottom of the barrel.

Skinny fat? This guy?

masvidal.jpg

UFC-239-Masvidal-v-Askren-0febf0c925a31d926d149eb52d51d824.jpg

You are making everyone here dumber with your dimwit comments.

Thank you for proving my point

Clown Boy has a decent chance of winning that fight. Id give him the edge but the Clown is so terrified of fighting someone ready who isn't on a decline that he refused a favorable match up with a guaranteed title shot at both WW and LW for a guy who just got ktfo 2x in a row and more before that. Should've just fought Mas or Gae. But no, Clown Boy is too scared. Should've fought Cowboy 3 or 4 years ago. No, Cherry pick Cabo Nate. And when Nate was primed and ready for a rematch? Duck him because "CloWwnnYy izzsu ueeeendifitid iNnnN heEEmaTTChezz!" Well no shit, dipshits, he only gets them when he loses but never gives them to guys who are hungry to get revenge. And he didn't beat Diaz so i don't see where that comes from. Stupidass fucking fans this man brings.

Back