Should the UFC even still make Tony v Khabib?

After burying Tony post Conor v Cowboy, should TF even take a fight they 100% don't want him to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
Of course I want to see it. Of course Tony probably wants it. But Dana has shown clear preference and favoritism towards a Conor v Khabib match-up, respectively, because he likes money and big events.. Would Tony even feel good about winning? People have a drive to please their employers, and it is 100% obvious that the UFC would not be pleased if Tony wins. Isn't that a weird spot for him to be in? Maybe a bit unfair to him?

I didn't hear Dana say the name "Tony Ferguson" once last night. I don't dislike Dana and think he has been great for the sport, but that was a little over the top. You mention him. You don't talk about the Conor v Khabib match-up without mentioning him; that's honestly just bad marketing as much as disrespect, UNLESS they don't plan on having Tony fight Khabib.

So if Conor decides to fight at 155 again, should Tony and Khabib even fight? Would you not be annoyed being looked past like Tony was last night?

Hell yes, we've been waiting years for this fight.

Dana’s plan for Tony:
SgSu9eU.gif

Of course they should! Its a win-win situation for the UFC to make the Khabib vs Tony right now cause; a) though probably not as big as a rematch with Conor would be, Khabib vs Tony is still a blockbuster matchup that will add to the Conor fight hype; and, b) I don’t actually think it would matter much who wins Between Khabib and Tony cause either of them fighting Conor next would be huge for the UFC. If tony beats Khabib, it would setup his matchup vs Conor perfectly. It’s a win-win to continue with Khabib vs Tony first.

I doubt Tony shows up but they should still keep it scheduled.

Dana did mention Tony in the very long post fight press conference. He said that Conor wants the 155 belt and he will fight whoever wins. You have to know that Conor and Khabib are the 2 biggest names and richest fighters in the sport. Dana said Khabib is worth over 50 million. It would be a huge money fight. That being said I would rather see Conor ,Khabib or Tony fight Gaejhe first .

Tony needs to step aside and let McGoat fill in for the biggest UFC event of all time Khabib/Mcgregor 2. Sober Conor by KO

Dana may have eventually mentioned Tony in the post fight presser, but Dana seemed very coherent in what he was saying, and I watched the first 15 minutes and he did not. He was talking about Conor v Khabib being Hagler v Hears, or Ali v Foreman etc.. Not a peep up to that point.

They can still do the Khabib/McGregor rematch and call it the BMF title (Biggest Money Fight) or some shit. Meanwhile, Ferguson can defend the real UFC lightweight belt against Justin.

Dana said he would never make the fight again and he did so so much for Mystic Dana.

Tony destroys Khabib btw

This is a really dumbass thread,but even if stopping this fight was even in question,if you are conor and the ufc,you want this fight to go ahead. If its a war,the easier it makes it for Conor,if Khabib wins. If Khabib loses,the fight still makes crazy money.
Why not? Conor still makes crazy money and we all seen him get his shit pushed in.

Back