GSP or Conor 2: Who is better for Khabib's legacy?

MMAart

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
GSP or Conor 2: Who is better for Khabib's legacy?

Conor 2

Needs to happen again. I need to know.

GSP @ 170 tho... not 55

GSP 170 > Conor 2 > GSP 155

He already has conor on his resume. Smashing him a second time wouldn't be as impressive as beating the GOAT GSP.

GSP. He's the perfect style to wreck Khabib so a win over him would be huge for Bibi's legacy.

Beating a prime Conor > beating a past his prime GSP

By far, easily and obviously.

GSP would be better for the legacy, as he technically doesn't have anything to gain from beating Conor again.

However - I think the main reason that this fight didn't happen is because the UFC would have a lot to lose if GSP just came back, beat Khabib, then retired again.

Well he's already beaten Conor. And does not hold a win over gsp. Not to mention, a win over gsp would also be snapping a 13 fight win streak. So yeah i'd imagine GSP is way more legacy at this point. Conor is just more money. Beating him again dosen't prove anything we haven't already seen from him.

Even though GSP hasn't fought since 2017 and he's 38 and probably past his prime. GSP would still be better for his legacy. Beating one of the GOATS, that's huge.

Beating a prime Conor > beating a past his prime GSP

By far, easily and obviously.
He already beat Conor in his Prime. How would beating him again instead of potentially beating GSP be better for his Legacy?

I would love for the UFC to make a 165 lb division and move WW to 175. Make GSP vs Khabib at 165. When GSP wins that title they can rematch at 155 for Khabib's LW belt so the GOAT can have 4 divisional titles.

He already beat Conor in his Prime. How would beating him again instead of potentially beating GSP be better for his Legacy?

I would love for the UFC to make a 165 lb division and move WW to 175. Make GSP vs Khabib at 165. When GSP wins that title they can rematch at 155 for Khabib's LW belt so the GOAT can have 4 divisional titles.

Wait what, why are you bringing Fedor into the conversation? You weird troll.

gsp going to 55 isnt good for khabibs legacy if he fights him at 170 then sure

GSP is done, I really wouldn't give Khabib much in the way of prestige for that win, I would view any future GSP fight the way I do Fedors recent fights, i'd be interested to see it, but I wouldn't hold defeats against their lagacy at this stage.

Definitely GSP. If Khabib beat Tony and GSP, that would make him the GOAT in my opinion.

Not even a question it's GSP.

At this point I bet both Conor and Khabib want that GSP fight before they want a rematch.

GSP likely wants a Conor fight the most, but will probably go Khabib first (fall-ish timeframe) and then Conor a year from now for ALL the PPV buys.

For the record I think GSP beats Khabib easy or fairly easy. Takes him down via GOAT MMA timing and wrestling and then works on top of him for 25 minutes.

Back