I wasn't on Sherdog last night. Did people really complain about the Cerrone stoppage?

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Just really curious about this. I've seen the conspiracy "He threw the fight" posts this morning so I am aware of that but I haven't yet seen anyone complaining about the stoppage. Was that something people really said?

I would have loved to see Cerrone win that fight and I still had zero issues with that stoppage. Cerrone very clearly didn't want to be in there. For crying out loud it was only 40 seconds and he was already turtling up and doing nothing while Conor pounded away at him. If he can't do better than that in 40 seconds then he is clearly done. There was nothing wrong with the stoppage as Cerrone was not intelligently defending himself or improving position.

You know how sherdog is

Anytime a fighter they hate gets a stoppage win, they immediately have to call a fix to make themselves sleep better at night.

Some say he fought according to his purse.

You know how sherdog is

Anytime a fighter they hate gets a stoppage win, they immediately have to call a fix to make themselves sleep better at night.
exactly my brother, and you would think sherdog would be a sensible place to talk about mma but its worse than the youtube comments and thats saying something

conor haters always surprise us with how fuckin stupid and pathetic they are, nothing new.

Anyone who thinks Cowboy threw the fight has ZERO credibility.

Honestly - if you re-watch the first exchange, Cowboy was hurt from that initial knee/thigh to the face:

SingleUnripeLeafbird-size_restricted.gif

It was a weird performance. Cerrone is known to fold to being pressured in the first round, but he offered next to no offense and essentially just turtled up and fell over at the earliest opportunity. I'm not saying it was a work, but Cerrone was not interested in being in that fight, much less winning it.

It wasn’t a bad stoppage, Donald gave up and clearly didn’t want to be in there anymore. It was a textbook stoppage

Honestly - if you re-watch the first exchange, Cowboy was hurt from that initial knee/thigh to the face:

"hurt" from a thigh lol.What a bad ass cowboy.

I didn't see anyone complaining about the stoppage. Most of the complaints were fixed fight or Cowboy took a dive or simply Cowboy fought like he was giving Conor and the UFC what he knew they wanted, a live punching bag. He landed ZERO strikes and barely even attempted any. Hell, even Aldo landed more.

He was dead in the water before the fight.

There is a reason conor fought Justin's left overs.

no conspiracy...just clueless fantasists ..

Nah, Herb actually could have stopped it a few seconds earlier and it would have been fine. Disclosure: was hoping for McG to get smashed.

It is pretty appropriate to question it, as there isn't much acceleration on a strike from the mid-thigh.

Seriously....a thigh strike? Then shoulder strikes? And you guys can't even entertain the thought that some people will question it?

Sherdog posters are so gullible it's embarassing.

herb let it go for a bit more than most would have
he was trying to give cow a chance, and the fans a fight

Back