Did Holly/Pennington co-main help or hurt the card?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Holly still has a name that people recognize and maybe helped sell some PPVs but I don’t think anyone expected this to be an exciting fight.

Jackson Wink & Holly have been using this sport-killing Wall N Stall tactic in several of her recent fights. And what’s worse is that the referee objectively allowed it for the entire 15, not that Pennington could’ve stopped it anyways even if they separated.

Imagine being a 9-7 slow plodding unathletic WMMA fighter that has to rematch a 38 year old that beat you the first time and getting to do it right before McGregor fight. People were booing the hell out of this fight.

Was it worth it for the UFC for Holly’s name value?

In all fairness, Pennington hasn't gotten any better, only fatter. She offered nothing for Holm. If she only had the iron will and self belief that Roxanne has. Clearly, she is a better athlete than Roxy, but doesnt have the desire it seems.

Last edited:
Holly went from punching air to being a hugger. She actually became worse somehow.

giphy.gif

That fight was absolute dog shit

Preface w I don't buy the fights.

Media wise, the glaring commentary post fight, the fight was a disappointment. But if you want to know the source, it's the UFC's bottom line. Look at they are paying $50k or less to main card. What kind of martial arts training are you doing to get for that?

I look at what the fighters did relative to their preparation and against the potential payoff. Holm did exactly what the business calls for. Pennington has been a victim of this myth of MMA is martial arts. So what is there to do but go in there & compensate?

Then the follow on that the UFC ref is responsible for exciting action. What happened to safety? Competition?

It's up to the UFC to establish policy. This is what policy has wrought.<41>

It certainly didnt help. But at the same timr I dont think it really hurt it. It did its purpose of just filling time till the main event started.

I always fell asleep. What a shitshow, regional fights are better than this bullshit.

The card was terrible and it lived up to its expectation.

Holly still has a name that people recognize and maybe helped sell some PPVs but I don’t think anyone expected this to be an exciting fight.

Jackson Wink & Holly have been using this sport-killing Wall N Stall tactic in several of her recent fights. And what’s worse is that the referee objectively allowed it for the entire 15, not that Pennington could’ve stopped it anyways even if they separated.

Imagine being a 9-7 slow plodding unathletic WMMA fighter that has to rematch a 38 year old that beat you the first time and getting to do it right before McGregor fight. People were booing the hell out of this fight.

Was it worth it for the UFC for Holly’s name value?
What are u even talming about guy? Yea holly lost some fights but holly vs cyborg was competitive and she shouldve won vs gdr. Crazy how much hate holm gets wheb she clearly top 3 in 2 weight classes.

Also dont act like rocky didnt try to grapple on fence... And get reversed everytime

was a good break in the evening that allowed me to take my dog outside to shit without missing any action. I think that's what the UFC had in mind when building the main card. hats off to their utilitarian decision making

That fight was absolute dog shit
This card was absolute dog shit, even the main event. A worthless matchup tailor made to make a poster boy look good on top of a bunch of shitty fights that wouldn't have made it to he main card on a free ESPN fight night. Jesus. The Holm Pennington "co-main event" just reminded us how ridiculous this card was altogether. Funny how the 245 card had 3 title fights and one ppv later, that's the absolute shit they come up with.

Holly has had one fun fight in her ufc run, im shocked they even put her boring ass anywhere near the main card. She needs to ish ish her way to Bellator

Neither. The card was obviously beyond crap before it even started.

This is the only way a Holm fight could have gone. Then you pair her up with another lame duck lesbanoid and you have a fight manifestation of the libtard ideal.

What are u even talming about guy? Yea holly lost some fights but holly vs cyborg was competitive and she shouldve won vs gdr. Crazy how much hate holm gets wheb she clearly top 3 in 2 weight classes.

Also dont act like rocky didnt try to grapple on fence... And get reversed everytime

what the f are you even talking about? Literally has nothing to do with the OP.

Back