Are there any hardcores that are impressed?

Persistant

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
So what happened last night has been done multiple times already.

I see: Wrong weight class. Duplicated results. Handpicked opponent on losing streak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Either you are not impressed or you are a nuthugger without reasoning.

I'm as hardcore as they cum and I was super impressed.

Not In the slightest bit

but we don’t matter

It was both impressive and disappointing. A lot like woodley/Robbie. Where I was Expecting an entertaining fight and a tough dude just got ran over

Been hardcore since BJ obliterated Uno and ran off home.

McGregor was very impressive.

I was damn impressed. Granted, i'm a new hardcore, only in the last 2 years have I really gotten into MMA. But when i get into something, I really get into something.

So yeah, This was the first time in my memory that I had seen that sort of performance. Even Masvidals knee on Askren wasn't as impressive in my opinion.

(and this is coming from an Askren nuthugger).

impressed at how cowboy cant handle pressure and crumbles over the slightest breeze

I'm impressed, surprised. Call it what you will. Conor changed his game for the better.

Some sneaky shoulder strikes which will be the talk of the year...and a head kick which is rare/
uncharacteristic of him.

Cowboy is washed up but l was impressed . I’ve never seen anyone get busted up from shoulder strikes; you have to be impressed by that at least.

<mma4>

A fighter should be (re)built when necessary

conor could have won his spoon fed opponent or he could have been Buster Douglas’d (v Tyson) or Matt Serra’d (v GSP 1) but he did his part against a decent opponent so I don’t get why everyone is butthurt that what was supposed to happen, happened. Conor showed good power, good speed and was in the right mindset. We’ll get better fights from him as his confidence is back.

conor moves on to a better quality opponent next, we as fans benefit, Conor as the fighter gets a fresh chance to restart a run.

To be honest I don't know who is more gullible and annoying between the hardcores and the casuals. I can't tell the difference anymore.

Oh and I wasn't impressed.

I am very impressed.

Cerrone is a crafty veteran and an elite mixed martial artist; Conor made him look like a scrub from the streets who couldn’t even throw a punch before being demolished.

That is not a critique of Cerrone but rather a huge compliment to Conor.

It was 7am and I just spilled a boiling coffee on myself. I couldn’t be impressed at the time.

Pretty good performance in hindsight. Am excited for Conor’s next fight. That is kinda all that matters no ?

Not impressed, but I'm sure my female cousin that doesn't give a shit about fighting will talk again about how she knows "that McGregor guy", when someone brings up MMA. And that's all the UFC wants.

I’m just here to see who considers themself hardcore

I fail to see how anyone could be impressed with what transpired last night. McGregor had a walking dead man in there against him last night who was 4-6 in his last ten fights with four of those losses via KO. The only thing that Conor did was end matters a wee bit quicker which was no surprise because he's a very fast starter while Cerrone definitely is not.

So what happened last night has been done multiple times already.

I see: Wrong weight class. Duplicated results. Handpicked opponent on losing streak.

God bless streaming. I’d never pay for this spectacle.
I been here since 2007 just like you. I never was a huge Conor fan. Always thought he was a little overrated having wins against Dennis Siver to get an interim title shot against Chad Mendes who had no fight camp for their fight only getting the big fights with his mouth. However, I recognize his wins against Dustin and Max granted they werent who they are today. I must say regardless of Cowboy being on the closer side to 40 that was the best Conor I personally ever seen and was very impressed with how he dismantled Cerrone so fast. Not even a bit competitive when even the best analysts out their said it would be.

Back