Can we just respect both Conor and Cowboy?

winkydinks

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Both are legends. Conor was the better man tonight. Wishing Cowboy the best, and excited to see Conor's future fights.

This forum reminds me of General Hospital

Levelheaded people can
I just think people are not willing to eat crow, first on the issue of Conor promising a Jan return and delivering on it secondly Conor winning

Cowboy is a ballsy fighter.
The fight went as everyone expected though

Respect Cowboy but not that performance. It was horrible.

If you get hit with the same shot twice (shoulder strikes) why wouldn’t you try to at least move or do something else.

Yeah, Sherdog is a toxic bunch.

I've barely been on here tonight.

Both are legends. Conor was the better man tonight. Wishing Cowboy the best, and excited to see Conor's future fights.

We can respect Cowboy for being a reliable punching bag. He sure as hell ain’t no legend though.
This fight was a joke from the moment it was announced. Conor should fight BJ Penn next.

before tonight Conor was a 4-3 fighter above 155

Cowboy was a glorified journeymen 4-6 in his last 10, for every legit top 10 fight he had, he lost way more times than he won, he beat 4 top 50 guys for every top 10 fight, Alvarez fight was a boring sumbitch, by the end you didn't care who got the decision, the Benson fight should have really gone to him, and i was cheering for cowboy's

What are cowboy's top wins? A green Edson Barboza? Eddie alvarez in a boring fight and Benson where you would most thought Benson could walk away with the W, but no one questioned the decision all that much since the fan favourite, Cerrone came out with the win

Last edited:
Respect Cowboy but not that performance. It was horrible.

If you get hit with the same shot twice (shoulder strikes) why wouldn’t you try to at least move or do something else.
Maybe he was dazed or just shocked a shoulder strike hurt so much and it threw him off. He is human just like all of us and is susceptible to things messing with his head.

Hey! cowboy! you gonna take him down?
Nah i aint gonna take him down,thats crazy.
Hey! cowboy! you gonna fuck him up?
Well,thats kind of hostile isnt it? I think we will just have a great fight.
Hey! cowboy! you gonna win?
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Hey! cowboy! you gonna TRY to win?
What is trying anyway,thats an abstract concept. To make an attempt,an endeavor? An effort? to MAKE one self? That sounds too much like pressure to me.

Maybe he was dazed or just shocked a shoulder strike hurt so much and it threw him off. He is human just like all of us and is susceptible to things messing with his head.
He's a human with 50+ fights though. He ducks under and doesn't even use it to try for the takedown either. It was a bad look, no matter how much you try to dress it up IMO.

We can respect Cowboy for being a reliable punching bag. He sure as hell ain’t no legend though.
This fight was a joke from the moment it was announced. Conor should fight BJ Penn next.
I know you're upset that he lost, but chalk it up to the fact that Conor came in with a technical blitz that badly hurt Cowboy before he had time to do anything. As for not being a legend, wtf are your standards? You don't have to be GSP, Anderson, or Jones to leave a legacy in the octagon.

no it's impossible for most shertards to show respect to fighters

this place is just ridiculous now

-Cowboy was never any good
-Cowboy took a dive
-Cowboy is a can
-etc

just show some respect to legends of the sport and appreciate the fact that you got to watch a good fight you retards

Yeah.. love cowboy and conor (the fighter)..

I don't get hating on fighters.. it's a bit like going to the concerts of bands you hate just to shit on them..

Hats off to anyone making the walk for our entertainment.. just bleed..

no it's impossible for most shertards to show respect to fighters

this place is just ridiculous now

-Cowboy was never any good
-Cowboy took a dive
-Cowboy is a can
-etc

just show some respect to legends of the sport and appreciate the fact that you got to watch a good fight you retards

Because that was a good fight for you?

Because that was a good fight for you?
you don't like impressive finishes?

yeah, it would have been nice if the fight went on a little bit longer, but it was an impressive performance by Conor and a nice TKO finish.

what's not to like about that?

you basicially have to respect a crazy asshole like him, because if you don't pay attention to him, something like this can happen
JBhrVZT.gif

I think the narrative is pretty funny. 6 months ago everyone was pissy we were robbed of a 3rd rd of Cowboy vs Ferguson. After Cowboy was on a mini run. Has a ko loss to Gaethje which isn’t that bad since he’s 4 in the world now Cowboy should’ve retired 9 years ago because of people just hating Conor

Back