Pennington got robbed. Rogan and co. delusional

CPH

street lethal
@Gold
Reaction score
I will forever like Holly, the nice lady who send pillsbury dough girl packing, but she did nothing to win the fight.

As I was watching, I had Rogan and the rest of the team telling me how Pennington was losing, but what I saw was Holly doing fuck all in the clinch while Pennington was landing knees on her consistently. These were good strikes too, as Holly was forced to break away after taking them, on at least 2 occasions.

The stats support this as well: Pennington outlanded Holly 38-30 and her strikes were far better. WTF is this shit? I feel like I’m on crazy pills.

Most refs would’ve broke that clinch but they wanted Holly to keep her place in the UFC.

Bias reffing but I think the result would have been the same with more clinching

I feel sorry for the fans who watched that putrid low level fight...

They’re the ones who got robbed

It was a boring fight. Seemed like Holly was controlling it - Definitely not a robbery.

Most refs would’ve broke that clinch but they wanted Holly to keep her place in the UFC.

Bias reffing but I think the result would have been the same with more clinching

Yeah, but regardless, control time should only become a factor if the striking is dead even, which it wasn’t.

If Holly had 30 solid strikes vs Pennington’s weaker strikes, the clinch control time would be the decider, but Pennington actually landed the harder shots. Hard clinch knees > arm punches. Pennington also landed better shots at range. Fucking ridiculous.

A real close fight is not a robbery...

Yeah but the people in the people who paid for tickets/Ppv are the real victims

If not, perhaps you should consider them. This was as one-sided as an action-free fight can possibly get.

Can you at least try to form an argument? Maybe something like: “I don’t care about the rules regarding the primacy of damage over control, and I don’t care about significant strike count. Holly is cuter so she wins.”

it was a boring fight.

holly is so nervous to lose now. she just tries to muscle people against the cage like cyborg and just thinks... well this is working and its safe so... keep doing it.

At 38 (probably 48 in man years).. her chin is probably toast

Ugh, can we just pretend that fight never happened? I had Holly winning it, but I'll be damned if I'm going to put myself through the insufferable hell of re-watching it just so I can debate it.

Yeah, but regardless, control time should only become a factor if the striking is dead even, which it wasn’t.

If Holly had 30 solid strikes vs Pennington’s weaker strikes, the clinch control time would be the decider, but Pennington actually landed the harder shots. Hard clinch knees > arm punches. Pennington also landed better shots at range. Fucking ridiculous.
I don’t remember any solid strikes from that fight.

A real close fight is not a robbery...

Did you honestly think that the striking was close? Holly was doing nothing aside from pushing Pennington up against the cage and throwing rabbit punches. Knees are a real strike and Pennington actually landed more.

i agree about rocky's clinch knees, holly DID NOT WANT any more of those and had to break clinches by the end

I'm not going to explain why the sky is blue.

14 of 14 media scores had Holm winning. An 8 strike differential in a fight in which none of the strikes landed dealt any sort of damage is irrelevant.

Holm wins that fight in an octagon, on the street, in a boxing ring, outer space, etc.

Attachments

• mediscores.PNG
    mediscores.PNG
    90.1 KB · Views: 3
Back