Two things Conor did well that people aren't giving credit to

EXOICHO

PRIDE
@Black
Reaction score
Conor missed the punch but instead of sprawling backwards against the shot threw his left knee forward and it landed against cerrone's skull. Made cerrone confused and stunned.

We all know about the shoulders being a surprisingly well used technique but Conor made a 5D chess play going for the head kick. It's normal for fighters to return kicks when they eat them. Watch pretty much any cowboy fight and you'll see it. He body kicks someone or leg kicks them and they do the same back. Conor ate the body kick and went for the head kick, knowing cerrone would read body kick.

Brilliant fight and Conor is actually surprisingly better than ever.

{<Mcgoat}

He’s better than ever because he beat a shot cerrone?

I need to see him against a live body. This was a good first step tho. At least he is back in there

He’s better than ever because he beat a shot cerrone?

I need to see him against a live body. This was a good first step tho. At least he is back in there
nah if he beat cerrone in a tough fight it would be different. Conor showed tools that he hasn't before.

nah if he beat cerrone in a tough fight it would be different. Conor showed tools that he hasn't before.
I like conor and it’s good to see him back

But that fight was pretty worthless imo. A shot cerrone who has a tendency to quit in his fights? The ufc knew what they were doing here

I’d love to see gaethje next tbh. Or Masvidal

Nate Diaz beat up Cowboy. So did Jorge and bunch of others. Everyone beats up Cowboy.

Conor missed the punch but instead of sprawling backwards against the shot threw his left knee forward and it landed against cerrone's skull. Made cerrone confused and stunned.

We all know about the shoulders being a surprisingly well used technique but Conor made a 5D chess play going for the head kick. It's normal for fighters to return kicks when they eat them. Watch pretty much any cowboy fight and you'll see it. He body kicks someone or leg kicks them and they do the same back. Conor ate the body kick and went for the head kick, knowing cerrone would read body kick.

Brilliant fight and Conor is actually surprisingly better than ever.

{<Mcgoat}
ya that knee was a nice touch.

I like conor and it’s good to see him back

But that fight was pretty worthless imo. A shot cerrone who has a tendency to quit in his fights? The ufc knew what they were doing here

I’d love to see gaethje next tbh. Or Masvidal

again I think you're missing what I'm saying. We all know cerrone was a baby step. But it's the way Conor showed tools he never had before. When has Conor ever landed a legit roundhouse kick to the head? When he anyone in the past decade used shoulder strikes like that? When have we seen the rear knee come forward for a strong knee in response to a shot like that? For Conor all of the ways he won were knew. It wasn't his boxing that won him a fight for once.

Conor is one of the greatest fighting minds of our time

These people never watch fights . They watch fight companions . Conor has showcased excellent clinch work before rewatch Diaz , rewatch how he would take power of mended shows by pushing off Mendez shoulder and lifting his own

He also picked his opponent well, too. Don’t forget that salient fact. Got in at the right time and picked up that easy ‘W’ against a man who is so past his prime, he got fucking rocked by shoulder strikes.

All but confirms that it should’ve been Gaethje in there this evening.

it would have been better if he was against Edson Barboza

He also picked his opponent well, too. Don’t forget that salient fact. Got in at the right time and picked up that easy ‘W’ against a man who is so past his prime, he got fucking rocked by shoulder strikes.

All but confirms that it should’ve been Gaethje in there this evening.

I bet 100$ you get rocked by conor's shoulder strikes. those things looked fucking brutal.

again I think you're missing what I'm saying. We all know cerrone was a baby step. But it's the way Conor showed tools he never had before. When has Conor ever landed a legit roundhouse kick to the head? When he anyone in the past decade used shoulder strikes like that? When have we seen the rear knee come forward for a strong knee in response to a shot like that? For Conor all of the ways he won were knew. It wasn't his boxing that won him a fight for once.
I guess? The shoulder strikes were new

I disagree about the kicks. He typically is very active with kicks both in the mendes and actually threw a few in the khabib fight

I think....i guess it was new? But what does it mean? Like do i think he does that to gaethje? Meh i dunno? Maybe?

He may have learned some new tricks like you said but man. I need something tangible here

The most important thing he did was pick another LW on losing streak to fight at ww to get himself back in the conversation In two different divisions. Rumor has it he's gonna call out Joe Lauzon next and then immediate tittle shot.

Last edited:
I guess? The shoulder strikes were new

I disagree about the kicks. He typically is very active with kicks both in the mendes and actually threw a few in the khabib fight

I think....i guess it was new? But what does it mean? Like do i think he does that to gaethje? Meh i dunno? Maybe?

He may have learned some new tricks like you said but man. I need something tangible here

he only ever really showed spinning back kicks and some front snap kicks in the past. And that stupid side kick to the knee cap. He never showed us a good high roundhouse.

he only ever really showed spinning back kicks and some front snap kicks in the past. And that stupid side kick to the knee cap. He never showed us a good high roundhouse.
Man could have sworn he threw a couple in the 3rd round against khabib that didn’t land

Big Conor fan and he looked good tonight but I think you’re overthinking that knee. He ran into that punch so when cowboy shot, his face just ran into his thigh. I don’t think he planned that at all. If he did, he would’ve really thrown it and put him out.

I think those shoulder charges were taps. He got lucky they hurt Cowboy.

In 40 seconds?

impressive

RDA shit kicked Cowboy in a minute 4 years ago when he was still somewhat in his prime lol. Not trying to discredit Conor too much as he came in there and fought what was given to him and took him out but Cowboy has just always been a stepping stone his whole career. That's why this fight was made and it was successful.

Big Conor fan and he looked good tonight but I think you’re overthinking that knee. He ran into that punch so when cowboy shot, his face just ran into his thigh. I don’t think he planned that at all. If he did, he would’ve really thrown it and put him out.

if you rewatch it you can actually see him hop forward a little once he lines it up

Back