Anyone picking Ferreira vs. Pettis?

mmajacked4

Freedom Fighter
@Blue
Reaction score
I’m 50/50 on this one.

Carlos Ferreira is a cool guy. He owns a gym in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area. I’ve seen him a few times at BJJ tournaments in the area.

Anyway he is 16-2 and has solid wins over the likes of Rustam Khabilov, Ramsey Nijum and Colton Smith.

Anthony Pettis is obviously the biggest test of his career, outside of Dustin Poirer (who knocked Carlos out), but looking at Pettis’ record he hasn’t won two fights in a row since 2014.

I’ve got a feeling

After seeing what a slow plodding Nate Diaz did to Pettis, I'm not sure about him anymore.

I’m 50/50 on this one.

Carlos Ferreira is a cool guy. He owns a gym in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area. I’ve seen him a few times at BJJ tournaments in the area.

Anyway he is 16-2 and has solid wins over the likes of Rustam Khabilov, Ramsey Nijum and Colton Smith.

Anthony Pettis is obviously the biggest test of his career, outside of Dustin Poirer (who knocked Carlos out), but looking at Pettis’ record he hasn’t won two fights in a row since 2014.

I’ve got a feeling
I'm going with Ferreira by a unanimous decision. Just my view.

Pettis has a lot of miles on 'em so Ferreira is a logical pick.

Pettis could always Showtime his way out of a loss at any point though

I think Pettis is pretty much done and Ferreira is just starting to peak.

I wouldn't count Pettis out entirely, but I expect Ferreira to win, possibly in dominant fashion.

I think Pettis is pretty much done and Ferreira is just starting to peak.

I wouldn't count Pettis out entirely, but I expect Ferreira to win, possibly in dominant fashion.
I agree.

I am also 50-50, the Brazilian guy is cool, Pettis is a better striker but that's basically it, anything could happen on the ground.

over the last 5 years Pettis has only lost to elite LW's top names like RDA, Alvarez, Barboza, Porier & Ferguson. I'm not sure that Ferreira at age 35 is quite on that level.

Pettis is younger has more experience and is a former champ at 155. I think Pettis has enough left to get it done tonight and hopefully helps make this a legit nominee for FOTN

he fought nate similarly to prime mcgregor except did not get tapped. also, what is that line about not winnin' the last tyme? that is even more o a reason for him to get W now..
WE GOIN'!!<209Bitch>

Pettis just KO'd Wonderboy above his weight class, submitted Michael Chiesa, and showed he's willing to war with Tony Ferguson (regardless of losing).

Carlos Diego Ferreira has not proven he's on that level from the fights I've seen.

pettish probably blazes him in the 1st

btw we need a Showtime emoticon at this point and overdue
get on it

I guess he ended Taisumovs streak and i didnt notice.

I like Pettis but I see Ferreira winning.

I’m 50/50 on this one.

I’ve got a feeling
It's a good match up for sure, but I don't think this is a fight Pettis can win. Despite that hail mary KO of wonderboy, Pettis hasn't really shown a lot of power or finishing ability on the feet in the UFC. That being said, if he doesn't have the power to hurt Ferreira, he will be walked down and pressured all night. We saw how he looks getting pressured VS Diaz, Ferguson, Dustin, Max Holloway and I'm sure I'm missing some. His only hope is to Sub. Ferreira, which will also be extremely difficult because Ferreira is an amazing grappler. Pettis did tap out Charles Olivera though, so it's possible. Overall though I think we'll see Pettis getting stopped in the 2nd or 3rd round, by either Sub. or TKO.

Can’t see Pettis getting away with this one

It's a good match up for sure, but I don't think this is a fight Pettis can win. Despite that hail mary KO of wonderboy, Pettis hasn't really shown a lot of power or finishing ability on the feet in the UFC. That being said, if he doesn't have the power to hurt Ferreira, he will be walked down and pressured all night. We saw how he looks getting pressured VS Diaz, Ferguson, Dustin, Max Holloway and I'm sure I'm missing some. His only hope is to Sub. Ferreira, which will also be extremely difficult because Ferreira is an amazing grappler. Pettis did tap out Charles Olivera though, so it's possible. Overall though I think we'll see Pettis getting stopped in the 2nd or 3rd round, by either Sub. or TKO.

all credibility just went out the door when u said pettis could get subbed.

Back