The last time McGregor handpicked an easy opponent

YouKnowWhat?

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
usa-today-9161395.0-1.jpg

Little did he know 'Cabo Nate was a mythical creature..

And so is friendly Cowboy..

533_Donald_Cerrone_and_Matt_Brown.0.0.jpeg

hIAJlvD.gif

I’d say OneFC flunkie Eddie Sanchez was another one.

giphy.gif

<{titihmm}>

All this thread proves is that TS does not follow MMA and never did...

Nate stepped in as a last minute replacement for the foot-injured RDA after Conor moved up to LW for an immediate title shot.

Edit: as in, Conor did not pick shit. If that wasn't clear. Nate saved the main event.

BJJ black belt with an impenetrable chin and endless cardio, decent boxing? Lol. It was never gonna be easy. And he was a replacement for RDV, who was the champ.

Cowboy does seem handpicked though lol

I’d say OneFC flunkie Eddie Sanchez was another one.

giphy.gif

<{titihmm}>
Not sure if serious but I hate when people claim Conor's win over Alvarez is some great accomplishment. Alvarez should have never got a title shot and his win over RDA is one of the most obvious flukes to date. We all know Cowboy is not champion material, yet he destroyed Alvarez too. Had Cowboy somehow managed to get a title shot against Alvarez he would have been the lightweight champ as well.
Alvarez is overrated as fuck

Is normal when fighting a giant three times your size... :)

Not sure if serious but I hate when people claim Conor's win over Alvarez is some great accomplishment. Alvarez should have never got a title shot and his win over RDA is one of the most obvious flukes to date. We all know Cowboy is not champion material, yet he destroyed Alvarez too. Had Cowboy somehow managed to get a title shot against Alvarez he would have been the lightweight champ as well.
Eddie Alvarez is one of the more accomplished LWs. A Bellator great who came over and took the UFC title too.

Last edited:

I think we’re on the same page bud. NOT one single serious MMA connoisseur considers Eddie anything more than a journeyman club fighter.

<mma4>

Also, the last time he fought at 170 lb that wasn't a rematch. He's 1-1 at 170. 50% chance to lose. Stats don't lie.

Eddie Alvarez is one of the more accomplished LW's ever. A Bellator great who came over and took the UFC title too.
Yeah and he left with a 4-3 record that should have been 4-4 instead because he cheated vs Porier.
Skill wise he's not even a top 5 lightweight goat

Eddie is a bit overrated but.. You are massively underrating him too.
You're relying on one fight which was his UFC debut which he improved alot since then.

First of all, Cowboy did not "destroy" eddie, he just decisioned him... You wanna know who got destroyed? Eddie destroyed Justin G via KO, who most people right now are saying conor ducked to pick the easy fight in Cowboy. You wanna know who also got destroyed? Cowboy got destroyed against against the same Justin himself.

There was no fluke, Eddie is a better fighter than the mythical monster Justin G is drawn as, and is a better fighter than RDA who he KO'ed in 1 round.

I have never seen anybody catch Pettis' high kicks with one hand like that either. literally grabbed his foot and held on to it. He outwrestled Justin too even if it was for a short while. His skills are legit, you're just hating.

All this thread proves is that TS does not follow MMA and never did...

Nate stepped in as a last minute replacement for the foot-injured RDA after Conor moved up to LW for an immediate title shot.

Edit: as in, Conor did not pick shit. If that wasn't clear. Nate saved the main event.
10 days isnt exactly last minute, im not sure who where the options back then, but mid tier off vacations Nate Diaz was looking like a handpicked fight to anyone, iirc Cowboy was an option too back then.

10 days isnt exactly last minute, im not sure who were the options back then, but mid tier off vacations Nate Diaz was looking like a handpicked fight to anyone, iirc Cowboy was an option too back then.
man, gtfo
31.gif

If we're talking decisions this is closer to a destruction than the eddie fight... a lot closer... this isnt even the gif where he flips him off before pummeling him

Oh and 10 days is last minute, you casual... the fuck u think a fight camp prep is same as children's bjj tournament at the local community center?

we get it you're a cowboy fanboy.

Alvarez only had 2 convincing wins in the UFC. RDA and Gaethje. Aside from those 2 fights every other fight he was beaten badly or barely eeked out a win (Melendez, Pettis).

Back