Stipe has more title defenses than Fedor

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fedor won 13 straight fights after he won the title in PRIDE. But most of them were like this:

22812.jpg

PRIDE didn't count that as a title defense. He only had 3 title defenses: 1 against Cro Cop, 1 against Nog, and 1 against Hunt. If you include the title when he won it against Nog, that's 4 championship wins.

Stipe has won the the title 2x and defended it 3x. That gives him 5 championships.

Fedor's has a great numerical record but lots of those numbers were like:

20141225070548_ogawa.JPG

Does that mean Stipe > Fedor?

Look, as one of the biggest Stipe-stans on here I'd love to be able to co-sign on this argument.
BUT—
1. Your thread title specifies "defenses" not title fights. Bait and switch is not a tactic I endorse. At best you can claim them to be tied.
EXCEPT THAT—
2. Fedor also has two WAMMA title defenses in addition to his ones in PRIDE.
And even if you were correct to say Stipe had more, it still isn't grounds enough to "prove" one is better than the other.

I think you and everyone with a partially functioning brain knows the answer to that.

Now for a real question, where do ideas come from?
in the case of the idea for this thread...?
8c9433a25f75075ba3506ab1475cb414f60168ba64960c734a6f38b14d5cf5cd.jpg

Fedor will always have the record since most of his wins were against literal bums

Stipe is better than Fedor, who throws sloppy haymakers/overhands and has mediocre wrestling and relied on Judo throws against awful opponents and has a bottom game that goes as far as explosive scrambles or hail mary armbars.

I’d take taller, greater reach national Golden Gloves quarter finalist + NCAA D1 wrestler Stipe over some overrated fat ass that used to be good in a time that MMA was barely developed/a C tier sport.

Stipe got beat up by struve while coming up.
Fedor was undefeated until after his prime.

No discussion.

Stipe is better than Fedor, who throws sloppy haymakers/overhands and has mediocre wrestling and relied on Judo throws against awful opponents and has a bottom game that goes as far as explosive scrambles or hail mary armbars.

I’d take taller, greater reach national Golden Gloves quarter finalist + NCAA D1 wrestler Stipe over some overrated fat ass that used to be good in a time that MMA was barely developed/a C tier sport.
Fedor was nearly a damn Olympian in judo you dumbass. He barely missed it. His grappling is world class and waaaaay higher level than stipe.

You can dislike the guy but dont talk bullshit.

Fedor won 13 straight fights after he won the title in PRIDE. But most of them were like this:

22812.jpg

PRIDE didn't count that as a title defense. He only had 3 title defenses: 1 against Cro Cop, 1 against Nog, and 1 against Hunt. If you include the title when he won it against Nog, that's 4 championship wins.

Stipe has won the the title 2x and defended it 3x. That gives him 5 championships.

Fedor's has a great numerical record but lots of those numbers were like:

20141225070548_ogawa.JPG

Does that mean Stipe > Fedor?
Lol, no since Fedor was the lineal HW champion which means every fight after winning the title was a title defense.

He also has 14 top 10 wins, how many does Stipe have again?

When you fight 4 or 5 times a year obviously some of them are going to be filler fights like the New Years Eve David vs Goliath freak shows against Choi and Zulu the Japanese crowds love so much.

Stipe got beat up by struve while coming up.
Fedor was undefeated until after his prime.

No discussion.
Yea but you can just as easily say that Stipe hadn't entered his prime yet during that fight. Everyone's different. Fedor lost to Bigfoot and a former MW at around the age Stipe was during the Struve fight.

Lol, so you'll take the guy that got beat up by Struve over the guy who went 10 years and 30 plus fights undefeated while creating the blue print for a complete MMAist?

Didn't Derrick Lewis just fight for the HW belt a little over a year ago and Francis before him, both guys who's only path to victory is landing a big punch... You sure MMA isn't still a "C tier sport"?

Who did Stipe win the belt from again? Who was 1 of his defences against? It wasn't Werdum and Overeem right, I mean since they were losing at the time Fedor was dominating that " barely developed C tier sport", lol.

Do you actually bother to think before you post.

And has beaten much better competition
Has he? Has he ever fought a consensus #1/2 HW in their prime like Fedor did against Nog and Crocop?

Never mind, I forgot about the first JDS fight, I can't seem to recall exactly how that ended ......

Has he? Has he ever fought a consensus #1/2 HW in their prime like Fedor did against Nog and Crocop?

Never mind, I forgot about the first JDS fight, I can't seem to recall exactly how that ended ......
I'm assuming you're alluding that Cormier is not in his prime? Regardless if he is or not...he's pretty damn beasty and is no worse than Nogueria and Crocop.

lol @ "Judo throws against awful opponents" - so olympic and world champion in the same person as a opponent is awful? I'm talking about Naoya Ogawa. How the hell you get better judoka?? Also remember that other olympic champ judoka Pawel Nastula almost owned Josh Barnett in his prime until he (Nastula) gassed. Its all subjective. Its weird now ppl try to make Fedor accomplishments lesser than they were. Face it - he was awesome. Also he does not suck even now owning roid monkeys like Chael Sonnen. That being said Stipe is awesome in his own right.

Back