Russian TV forced to remove anti-McGregor UFC 246 promo

Yagadot

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

The Russian TV channel holding the rights to broadcast Conor McGregor’s comeback at UFC 246 in Las Vegas this weekend has been forced to pull its promo for the bout after complaints it was too insulting towards the Irishman.
Like broadcasters around the world, Ren TV is building up the hype for the return of ‘The Notorious’, who faces Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone in the welterweight main event at T-Mobile Arena.

It will be the first time McGregor has stepped into the octagon since he was beaten at the same venue by Russia’s Khabib Nurmagomedov in October 2018 – and Ren TV was not about to let viewers forget that fact.

“A narcissistic show-off and loudmouth. An Irish clown who thinks he's a great fighter,” the channel’s fight promo roughly translates as saying, as it showed footage of McGregor in the background.

“In his last fight, a Russian punished Conor McGregor for his long tongue. Now he has another opponent. Will it be another night of shame for the Irishman?” the voiceover boomed, showing footage of Khabib pounding him in their 2018 fight.

Despite the promo dishing out some of the biting trash talk that McGregor himself is known for – or least was before the mild-mannered build-up to his fight against Cerrone – the channel was forced to pull the promo from air and their social media accounts after receiving complaints.

But as the saying goes, sometimes any publicity is good publicity, and thousands of Russians are likely to be tuning into the action from Las Vegas in what will be the early hours of Sunday morning for many of the population.

https://www.rt.com/sport/478559-conor-mcgregor-clown-russian-tv-promo/

Holy shit Ireland will go to war with Russia over this insolence, expect Proper 12 cruise missiles to rain down on St Petersburg within the next few hours.

Last edited:
Russians are hilarious man. They don't give a fuck

Conor fan favorite in Russia. They can't even promote their own countryman while bashing Conor without getting complaints.

King of Russia confirmed

tenor.gif

At least we now know @Hitto ’s job is making promos for Russian TV.
<{anton}>

Holy shit Ireland will go to war with Russia over this insolence, expect Proper 12 cruise missiles to rain down on St Petersburg within the next few hours.

Alcohol coming down in a Russian street on a Friday?

Oh my god oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Alcohol coming down in a Russian street on a Friday?

Oh my god oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Free Proper 12 for every man, woman and child in Russia

i blame the Russian trolls

Aeroflot planes will crash by themselves

Negative Publicity is still Publicity... Will just make the haters tune in to see if he takes a beating while downing a gallon of Vodka...

At the end of the day, does anyone really give a fuck what Russians have to say?

4 things to some up Russians:
ADIDAS pants
Vodka
Shitty color buildings
Sucker punches

Oh wait, theres 6:
Sexy blond sluts and then Fedor

They're a running joke, that's why websites like "meanwhile in Russia" exist.
Because they're just fucking dumb. Khabib wears a stupid halloween wig and wrestles to sniff crotches. So who gives a fuck what they have to say?
Trust me I know I'll be getting a ton of moronic replys that I'll probably ignore because Shertards have a hard-on for things like "mythical creatures" or mysterious people they dont know anything about, like RUSSIANS. They're the equivalent of "people of Wal Mart".

And no, I'm not a Trump supporter, save your breath.
Damn bro, seems like a Russian stole your girl

At the end of the day, does anyone really give a fuck what Russians have to say?

4 things to some up Russians:
ADIDAS pants
Vodka
Shitty color buildings
Sucker punches

Oh wait, theres 6:
Sexy blond sluts and then Fedor

They're a running joke, that's why websites like "meanwhile in Russia" exist.
Because they're just fucking dumb. Khabib wears a stupid halloween wig and wrestles to sniff crotches. So who gives a fuck what they have to say?
Trust me I know I'll be getting a ton of moronic replys that I'll probably ignore because Shertards have a hard-on for things like "mythical creatures" or mysterious people they dont know anything about, like RUSSIANS. They're the equivalent of "people of Wal Mart".

And no, I'm not a Trump supporter, save your breath.

There's no need to be upset.

Back