The Only Way Conor Really "Wins" In A Win Over Cowboy...

ultramanhyata

Reclimbing Like Mountain
@Steel
Reaction score
... is if he finishes Cerrone faster than any opponent has yet finished Cerrone.

That means McG will have to best RDA's record and KO or TKO Cowboy in less than 1 minute and 6 seconds of the very first round. Anything less than something akin to an Aldo'ing of Donald is not going to raise the Irishman's stock.

Who thinks Conor has the goods, after all this time on the shelf, to pull off this feat?

I think Cerrone's chin is robust enough to take significantly more than one minute's worth of landed McGregor left's. Though it's always possible Conor could turn the tables and shock all in attendance, Gonzaga-style, and finish Cowboy within the allotted time via a flush shinbone to the dome.

I'm pretty sure as long as Conor wins, he will win.

But that's just me.

I don't really agree. Even a fast, convincing win will still have haters hatin. A decisive win is good enough to build on.

... is if he finishes Cerrone faster than any opponent has yet finished Cerrone.

That means McG will have to best RDA's record and KO or TKO Cowboy in less than 1 minute and 6 seconds of the very first round. Anything less than something akin to an Aldo'ing of Donald is not going to raise the Irishman's stock.

Who thinks Conor has the goods, after all this time on the shelf, to pull off this feat?

I think Cerrone's chin is robust enough to take significantly more than one minute's worth of landed McGregor left's. Though it's always possible Conor could turn the tables and shock all in attendance, Gonzaga-style, and finish Cowboy within the allotted time via a flush shinbone to the dome.
Idk it’s not like a keep a live scoreboard next to the TV while I watch. If he looks good, and finishes early it’s a big win in my book.

Conor needs rounds he didn't fight long time

I'm pretty sure as long as Conor wins, he will win.

But that's just me.

At this late point in his career Cowboy falls into the same "journeyman" category as Diaz. I don't think anyone considered Conor's win over Nate to have been legacy enriching. McGregor set his own bar incredibly high.

Conor wins if he wins. We win if it's a war that lasts longer than 1 minute 6 seconds. I just hope they go hard and survive long enough to enjoy.

People are going to be against Conor's next title shot regardless of what he does.

At this late point in his career Cowboy falls into the same "journeyman" category as Diaz. I don't think anyone considered Conor's win over Nate to have been legacy enriching. McGregor set his own bar incredibly high.
That's true, but I don't think anyone really expects this to be a "legacy enriching" fight for him. But it's still a massive fight for his career, in that if he gets the win, he'll be set up for a huge next fight. If he loses, the ride is pretty much over. All of the shine will be more or less off of him. A lot is on the line.

People are going to be against Conor's next title shot regardless of what he does.

I think you would see a ton more fan blowback if Conor gets a TS after winning a close, five round war with Cerrrone - as opposed to sparking Cerrone within the first minute. I think the quality of his (potential) win over Cowboy is going to be essential.

The most impressive road to victory for conor would be him beating cowboy by taking him down and submitting him.

Like when the GNP-king Fedor out-kickboxed Crocop.

But it's still a massive fight for his career, in that if he gets the win, he'll be set up for a huge next fight. If he loses, the ride is pretty much over. All of the shine will be more or less off of him. A lot is on the line.

I agree. And I think he's going into it with the mindset that Askren had coming into the UFC...

If his performances in 2020 don't result in a swift, direct route to a championship, if there are one or two setback losses that would require rebuilding and having to put together a string of wins in a division to again become a contender, I think McGregor will pull the plug and call it a career.

Conor will be laughed off the forum if this goes to decision, or if he gets in trouble at any point against a fighter as past it as Cowboy.

Everything is set up for complete domination, anything less and the Conor non fans will have a field day.

Man people on here give cowboy no credit. Dude is a tough fight and this fighter and gives a lot of fighters problems. This fight should give us a good look at where mac is at.

if he deosnt ko him i wont be impressed doesnt matter how fast it is must be a clean ko no ref stoppage

now if cerrone wins or even looses to dec. conors done

Completely False. Beating Cowboy fast will just result in Cowboy is a slow starter, we all knew this was gonna happen. Conor fighting hard for well past 8 minutes and landing a 4th or 5th round finish looking fresh would be the best for him. It would also be the best for him if he won by submission or a head kick as opposed to a left hand punches which we already know he possesses.

He just needs back in the win column.
I don't expect too much at 170

What a load of shite, insane amount of disrespect for the winningest fighter in UFC history.

i could tell you why youre wrong but...
ec1.png

Conor did exactly this. Finished Cerrone faster than any opponent. It took just 40 seconds of the first round...

He also pulled off the "Gonzaga-style" table-turn head kick (the beginning of the end) on Cowboy.

Congrats to the Irishman. He is truly back.

Back