Is Conor P4P The Heaviest Hitter in the UFC?

Who is P4P the heaviest hitter in the UFC?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
156d02c33d30f64da9eeeea7fe54c9db.jpg

Dustin Poirier said Conor is "by far" the most powerful puncher he has ever fought.

Nate Diaz: "I had just fought in December and I had a cut [above my eye] from that Michael Johnson fight. It pretty much split right open."

Floyd Mayweather: "As far as his punching power – he’s solid. I’ve felt it before, so that’s why I kept coming straight ahead. Obviously, it wasn’t the type of power to say: ‘I can’t come forward.’ Because if it were that type of power, I wouldn’t have come forward.”

Paulie Malignaggi: "He’s not a weak puncher. People are dying for me to say, ‘Oh he hits hard!’ Oh, his big left hand.’ Listen, if Conor hits you, you’re going to feel it. He’s a grown man. I’d say he’s an above-average puncher. If he lands a shot with 10 oz gloves, it will probably get your attention. Is it ‘OMG power’? No, ‘OMG power’ is very rare. I’ve sparred thousands of rounds in my life. I’ve sparred hundreds of people in my life… the amount people that I sparred that had ‘OMG power' is probably only a handful. More than anything he’s accurate; and I think that’s what plays into the success he has with his punches."

Jose Aldo: “He has a good punch, but he cannot say that he is the biggest puncher. The MMA gloves are tiny; they are four ounces.”

Owen Roddy: "McGregor has really long arms and he uses them very well to keep people at bay. He also has very fast twitch fibres in his muscles. Conor has a unique style. A wide stance is not common in boxing but it is in combat. Conor is like a sprinter. He is fast and explosive, but it is hard to maintain that for five rounds. He often doesn’t need to last that long because of his habit of putting people to sleep. He has unbelievable power. When I used to spar with him almost every punch felt like it was from a man twice his size."

Eddie Alvarez: "It was more his speed. I got dropped a couple of times. The first time I got dropped I remember being on my butt and thinking: ‘Wow, that was quick. Whatever that was, it was fast.’ I’ve been there plenty of times in my career where I get dropped. I don’t panic; I keep my composure and get back up. His speed and timing were very good; you could tell he’s got years of boxing behind him."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/mma/10761705/conor-mcgregor-punch-power-ufc/

Last edited:
Is this P4P the dumbest thread of the day?

I say yes.

I don't think the hardest, but arguably the best timing and certainly knows how to use his reach mixed with that timing

Natty GOAT for the win

He hits dem old men in bars and parks harder than any other ufc fighter.

LOL @ Aldo. The look of his face being re-arranged from Conor's perfectly timed left tells the real story.

I think I remember Chad saying that Conor doesn’t hit hard, he’s just accurate. He said Aldo hit harder if we’re talking overall power.

there's only 3 people on that list who have legitimate 1 punch KO power and (surprise!) 2 of them are HWs, the other one is Tyron Woodley. everyone else hits hard but they have other reasons why they are successful strikers, and being powerful is only secondary. but the 3 i mentioned are the only ones who can stall striking exchanges with basically anyone just strictly based on them being able to end the fight with a single strike.

He’s a hard hitter, that can’t be denied but his timing and accuracy are what do it for him. He hasn’t straight up KO’ed anyone of note, rather they were well placed and timed shots that got TKO’s.

Very good puncher though and one of the best boxers in MMA.

I'm going to go with Rumble -
giphy.gif

Where is Jeremy Stephens?!

Conor TKOs people.

When Stephen knocks em they don't fuckin move!

Back