Ufc title shot debacle

Bingo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Okay Yoel I could live with because it kind of just worked out for him through luck but that’s still pushing it

Aldo is ridiculous, he’s lost 2 in a row one of them badly and there’s plenty of contenders dead set

we have fighters like tony Ferguson who’s 21-1 in his 22 fights, khabib waited till 26-0 to get his shot.

Gaethje just won 3 in a row all first round and yet it Conor beats the man who just got KO’d in 1 round that leap frogs him to the belt.

wtf????? There’s talks of Jorge defending a make believe belt

Dana used to always shit on boxing with its belts but he’s heading down the same road

Ufc is entertainment not sport . It’s a fight promotion with the goal of making money . Most times the top guys get the shot but sometimes people who draw more money do. Back in the day they didn’t even have rankings so it’s no big deal.

It’s fried chicken Friday by the way

People should really stop freaking out about Conor's supposed title shot if he wins against Cerrone. Khabib doesn't want the rematch, so it's absolutely not a sure thing that it will happen.

And if Khabib loses to TFerg, they could even try to make the rematch without it being a TS.

Do you understand terms such as "profits" and "shareholders"?
I don’t really think Aldo getting a title shot is going to fill Dana’s bank account up, same for Romero. They made one of their biggest stars wait till he was 26-0 so Yeahh

I don’t really think Aldo getting a title shot is going to fill Dana’s bank account up, same for Romero. They made one of their biggest stars wait till he was 26-0 so Yeahh
More marketable fighters get preference because they make more money. That's all there is to say irrespective of whether you consider that right or wrong.

It's clear to a lot of people that Aldo actually won his last fight... so I can see him getting a shot.

Same fight, different judge, & Aldo gets teh nod, would you still have a problem?

Ufc is entertainment not sport . It’s a fight promotion with the goal of making money . Most times the top guys get the shot but sometimes people who draw more money do. Back in the day they didn’t even have rankings so it’s no big deal.

It’s fried chicken Friday by the way
So are all sports not really sports? Or is the UFC somehow different? And if it's different, why? Just about all professional sports have entertainment as part of their function.

Honestly, at this point, im not sure why dont they just book Conor Vs Khabib already.

What is the difference really?

<DisgustingHHH>

These title shots are a complete joke

So are all sports not really sports. Or is the UFC somehow different? And if it's different, why? Just about all professional sports have entertainment as part of their function.
It’s different . Other sports they play and the top two teams get to fight it out to see who is champion. With entertainment, UFC, WWE , exc they can throw the biggest draw in. The promoters put on fights to make money. It is there job. Rankings don’t really matter , we never use to have them as you would know if you were watching long and didn’t just come in because of Conor or Ronda.
Fighting is entertainment and it’s the promoters job to make money

I will never forget the corpse of Dan Henderson getting a title shot and still beating the shit out of Bisclown in England.

I will never forget the corpse of Dan Henderson getting a title shot and still beating the shit out of Bisclown in England.
LOLLL true oh lord I remember that. I also remember he was ranked 14 at the time

So are all sports not really sports? Or is the UFC somehow different? And if it's different, why? Just about all professional sports have entertainment as part of their function.
Because every sport except MMA and Boxing is structured to provide the best. There’s no inherent bias by the league or organization and every style of play has equal value and chance to win.

You don’t like a defensive team? Well then score more than them and win. If not, you’re going home and you’re not going to get a rematch because the commissioner wants to.

MMA and boxing are enterprises where making money is the only goal. They have no structure and no meritocracy.

Dana White has cut people with fantastic records because they don’t sell and he has supported pieces of dirt like Conor, Jones and Rampage because they bring him millions of dollars.

The UFC is a business where idiots risk their health and their bodies so sociopaths like Dana White can become a billionaire.

As long as TFerg/Kabeeb happens, I don't give a shit what they do with idiot McGregor down the road.

*edit: wrong thread lol

Last edited:
Back