White: UFC-Reebok deal ‘ended up being an absolute home run’

Dead Kennedy

Don't steal, the government hates competition
@Silver
Reaction score
Well according to Dana, the UFC’s deal with Reebok seems be an absolute success...
https://apple.news/A3CFF484jRRKpxVeQyZ2tUQ

To that I say, Really Dana? Really...

CIw4K31WcAAc3GW.0.0.jpg

CIxDF2XUkAEIoaM.jpg:large

shirt.jpg

shirts.jpg

ireland.0.0.jpg

GettyImages-479063630.0.jpg

UFCFMZ0017_A_89ebb467-0d87-41b3-8cb9-930ae03ad97e.jpg

That Ireland one makes me cry. If only Reebok spent less money on fighter pay and more on PR...

Isn't Reebok fucking awesome??

Absolute home run....Oh you meant for the fighters? Well they get vouchers for 50% off right?

I think he means a success in revenue for the UFC, fighters and their sponsorships be damned. And even then, they could have done way, way better.

When you see some of these pictures they look really dated. The designs are straight outta 1996.

what the fuck are the 2 stick people doing on the "jiu jitsu' t-shirt?

The Reebok deal is the second biggest travesty in MMA behind the fall of PrideFC.

Before the Reebok deal MMA was more magnificent and inspiring with individual fighters evolving their identity and uniquely choosing their clothes. Roman gladiator shorts, anything goes.

And fighters were able to make up for lost revenue by controlling their own sponsorship deals, making up for already getting taken advantage of by the UFC in revenue share.

Sponsorship deals can be a massive benefit to fighter income and the UFC stole it.

I guess from where he sits it was a home run. The UFC accomplished getting the all the various sponsors on guys showing up on the broadcast with out. They gained an additional stream of revenue and I guess gained whatever form of polished uniform look they were striving for. Now for the fighters a huge strikeout and that's sad. We haven't really heard much on Reebok's side. They have to have hoped for better sales of their UFC product line.

For UFC, not for the fighters. But Dana doesn't give two fucks about the fighters.

I don’t think some fans realise how much money some fighters lost through sponsors. Absolute home run ? Home run for what the Boxing Day sneaker sales are you kidding it’s literally robbing fighters of their pay and it’s not like the ufc is compensating them

Lol... all Dana White does is hit home runs. MLB considering a spot in h.o.f.

From his standpoint, maybe it is. I've never even considered buying anything MMA related from Reebok though, so I'm sure they're regretting it even though they get a ton of advertising. The fighters probably aren't stoked either, considering they can't wear any sponsors into the cage and even at most UFC sanctioned press functions...so they are probably still losing a ton of money.

Back