Colby deserves a rematch

yekmurat

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He was interim champ,went toe to toe for 4 and half rounds against champion with a broken jaw and lost by a very immature stoppage,these are enough reasons,I am not a fan of Colby I can easily say I dont like the guy as much as anybody reading this but as a fan of the sport this guy deserves a rematch

I would watch a rematch before having to sit through a Leon Edwards title fight

Instant rematches are bullshit.

If he wins will they go for best of three.

In the old days you earned your rematch in other fights not by arguing you were competitive in the fight you lost.

And I'd say that about any fighter.

Agree, out of 19 of Usman professional MMA fights, this is the only the time he broke someone's jaw. It meant that Colby's major disadvantage on their latest brawl was just a pure luck.

I know people wanted to overlooked Colby's the fighter for his Republican views and controversial shtick, but he did well (3-1, 2-2, 1-3) for someone with a broken jaw.

I want another FOTY contender match for 2020.

Colby doesn't deserve any preferential rematch, he got finished decisively after shit talking his way to the top (albeit backing it up somewhat)

He needs to fight Leon Edwards now or Masvidal

Not immediately. But I'd definetely would like to see a rematch, it was a close fight. I was kinda bummed out we didn't get to see them wrestle.

Let Colby fight Masvidal next for another grudge match.

Challenger who was finished needs at least one good win before cutting in line. Let Usman dry hump Edwards so we can stop hearing about him.

Usman finishes him earlier and easier. Colby got his soul stolen

It is unlikely for him to get an immediate title shot. Dana will go for Masvidal vs Usman, they may even cut Colby in the future or he may retire from MMA completely to join WWE or something because he was talking about it.

He should face Woodley and if he beats him he can get another title shot.

Instant rematches are bullshit.

If he wins will they go for best of three.

In the old days you earned your rematch in other fights not by arguing you were competitive in the fight you lost.

And I'd say that about any fighter.
This. I think instant rematchese are sillye unless it was a draw.
If the champ wins again, than you might as well just retire. And If the challenger wins, they need to have a trilogy which pretty much fcks up the whole division.

Win atleast one fight in dominant fashion and prove that you deserve it more than the next challengers in line. If you start arguing that it was a close fight, than a win loses its credibility because you might as well just give everybody a a rematch who lost a close fight.

Agree, out of 19 of Usman professional MMA fights, this is the only the time he broke someone's jaw. It meant that Colby's major disadvantage on their latest brawl was just a pure luck.

I know people wanted to overlooked Colby's the fighter for his Republican views and controversial shtick, but he did well (3-1, 2-2, 1-3) for someone with a broken jaw.

I want another FOTY contender match for 2020.

Fuck off with this shit. Colby constantly keeps his mouth open whenever he fights. He taunts his opponents after almost every exchange. If anything, he's lucky that didn't happen to him sooner.

Better yet just make Colby vs Leon for #1 contender while Usman defends against Mas.

His jaw was not broken. Have a good day.

Masvidal is next then Edwards (if he beats Woodley). Covington is going to have to wait.
There's no real point in a Covington rematch anyway, sure the first fight was pretty good but a second one ends the same way.

His jaw was not broken. Have a good day.

But his will was.
He quit in the fight, anyone who does wwhat he did at the end and just lays there getting hit until it's stopped is quitting, just the same as Conor does when he gives his neck up.

But his will was.
He quit in the fight, anyone who does wwhat he did at the end and just lays there getting hit until it's stopped is quitting, just the same as Conor does when he gives his neck up.
You - and, apparently, many others - definitely don't know what a broken jaw is. Take a look on Luke Rockhold vs Jan Blachowicz, then you will see.

Again, have a good day.

No he doesn't. This thread is either bullshit trolling or pretentious reaching from another butthurt covington nuthugger. The only fighters that deserve instant rematches are either champions who reigned dominantly for years over their division and evolved the fight game forever like Anderson Silva, Anthony Joshua, BJ Penn and Jose Aldo (Aldo deserved an instant rematch against mcnuggets but UFC was too busy trying to bank on their cash cow and paid dearly with karma for that decision) or fighters that lost in extreme controversy. covington is neither of those. he was the paper interim champ and Usman is the true champ who defeated the real champion and defended successfully. Fighters don't just deserve rematches for putting on good performances. Their status before the fight plays a bigger factor.

You - and, apparently, many others - definitely don't know what a broken jaw is. Take a look on Luke Rockhold vs Jan Blachowicz, then you will see.

Again, have a good day.

So you're agreeing that he quit but saying he quit because his jaw hurt?

He didn't break it in the 5th, you're not a doctor and haven't had a broken jaw either so you're as clueless as everyone else that you claim to know more than.
Exactly how much does a 'non-displaced midline mandible fracture' hurt then?

Back