Aldo vs Cejudo: who you got?

det_regnar_på_vår_kärlek

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think at this point it's beyond clear Aldo is past prime, but he's still a dangerous fight to anybody. I think you can say he's been declining somewhat gracefully. He lost quite a few fights in recent times, but after the Holloway losses he hasn't absorbed much damage. It's clear his reaction time deteriorated, his pace is much slower. BW looked like a good move, though. His gas tank seemed somewhat improved from carrying less weight. Also in the BW division fighters won't be nearly as big as his recent opponents (Holloway, Volk, Stephens etc).
I honestly have no idea how Aldo vs Cejudo would play out, but the fight sounds good to me. I think it's good for both parties. There are other fighters with more legitimate title contention claims in the BW division, but they don't have the name recognition Aldo has.
What are your predictions for this fight?

Dana White

Prediction: This fight is ridiculous and will not happen.

Defend och vacate!

I think Aldo, even while obviously diminished from his best form, is still a nightmarish matchup for Cejudo.

Aldo any day of the week cejudo is getting way too big for his britches.

Aldo beats wrestlers. It's his bread and butter.

Aldo looked great yesterday, so I pick him.

The only thing that would stop him from beating Cejudo is cardio.

I think at this point it's beyond clear Aldo is past prime, but he's still a dangerous fight to anybody. I think you can say he's been declining somewhat gracefully. He lost quite a few fights in recent times, but after the Holloway losses he hasn't absorbed much damage. It's clear his reaction time deteriorated, his pace is much slower. BW looked like a good move, though. His gas tank seemed somewhat improved from carrying less weight. Also in the BW division fighters won't be nearly as big as his recent opponents (Holloway, Volk, Stephens etc).
I honestly have no idea how Aldo vs Cejudo would play out, but the fight sounds good to me. I think it's good for both parties. There are other fighters with more legitimate title contention claims in the BW division, but they don't have the name recognition Aldo has.
What are your predictions for this fight?
Cejudo beats him easily.

I think he exceeded expectations, but imo he ate a lot of shots he wouldn't have in his prime form. Although he seemed to improve his stamina, his output is still too low.

Aldo managed to clearly win the 2nd and the 3rd round from a you and in prime #1 135er in Moraes. He also took a left high kick to the temple and shurg it off. I don't know what happened, Aldo looked rejuvinated. But Aldo already fooled me once in the second Edgar fight....

Aldo managed to clearly win the 2nd and the 3rd round from a you and in prime #1 135er in Moraes. He also took a left high kick to the temple and shurg it off. I don't know what happened, Aldo looked rejuvinated. But Aldo already fooled me once in the second Edgar fight....
That was one of his greatest performances

Aldo is basically same fighter as Moraes.

Cejudo would do him same.

I love Aldo, but it could be one of those "compact wombat wrestler by overhand right" type of fights so I'm just here to enjoy myself.

Back