News Khabib: Ferguson will be under me. I will do what I always do. Khabib credits McGregor.

shoorik1987

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

Khabib was answering kid's questions at some kind of youth forum event in Russia. There is currently no video of this event, but Russias biggest sport newspaper Sport-Express have been publishing some of his answers. As soon as there's a video available I will update this post.

https://www.sport-express.ru/martia...yu-s-fergyusonom-nuzhno-sognat-15-kg-1622363/
https://www.sport-express.ru/martial/mma/news/habib-schitaet-chto-makgregor-silnee-pore-1622372/
https://www.sport-express.ru/martia...znayut-skazhu-chestno-eto-napryagaet-1622374/
https://www.sport-express.ru/martia...o-ne-proiznes-imya-konora-makgregora-1622375/
https://www.sport-express.ru/martial/mma/news/habib-nurmagomedov-fergyuson-budet-pod-nami-1622389/

- Khabib has started preparing for Ferguson. He has 15 kg to loose until April.
- Khabib thinks McGregor is a better fighter than Poirier.
- Khabib thinks McGregor was a tougher fight for Khabib than Poirier, because of the pressure. Khabib had no moral right to loose that fight. Khabib thinks it was the most important victory of his career.
- Khabib is motivated for Ferguson fight, doesn't want to think about other weight classes. He thinks he will stay at LW his whole career.

Q: How did your life change after you became popular?

A: It changed dramatically. I'm recognised everywhere. To be honest it bothers me. Before, I was always outside, I liked being outside. Now I'm always spending time at home.

Q: Soon there will be a fight with Tony Ferguson. How will you prepare for it? Will you just do general training or will you preparing something specially for him?

A: I will certainly not be preparing for him. He should probably prepare for being under me (Russian play with words). I train every day right now, whereever I travel. But I don't want to overtrain right now, there's still 4 month till the fight. 100 days of hard training is enough.

Q: What will change in your preparations for Ferguson?

A: I don't think I will change anything. I will do what I've done my whole life. My father's motto is "Retain previous abilities/skills and keep moving forward". My previous skills are still there. If he has something to oppose (Khabib's skills), let him try. I will do what I always do, what I have done my whole career, pressure him, grab him, throw him, hit him and make him tired.

Last edited:
He's probably right. I don't feel like their stand up is too far apart and I think Khabib has the clear advantage on the ground. Very hard to see a scenario where Khabib gets beat by Tony. At least with Gaethje or McGregor, they have heavy hands to score KOs. Tony hasn't actually separated somebody from consciousness since 2014

I honestly think Tony is going to beat the shit out of Khabib. His hands are heavy and he will land elbows often. Khabib is tough and will get some takedowns but late in the fight he will be a bleeding and tired mess. Tony by TKO, the guy is special.

Ferguson is not Usman.

Easy fight for Khabib. Unless...

Probably, but he will be taking a lot more sharp elbows from the bottom than usual.

Khabib will TKO Him 100%. The same thing Kevin Lee did, Khabib will do. Only difference is that Khabib will finish him with his god level grappling

He's probably right. I don't feel like their stand up is too far apart and I think Khabib has the clear advantage on the ground. Very hard to see a scenario where Khabib gets beat by Tony. At least with Gaethje or McGregor, they have heavy hands to score KOs. Tony hasn't actually separated somebody from consciousness since 2014
Tony has long limbs and I think his best chance is slapping on a slick submission, which he is very capable of. This is the most skilful fight that the UFC can put together in 2020. 5th time is a charm baby!

I honestly think Tony is going to beat the shit out of Khabib. His hands are heavy and he will land elbows often. Khabib is tough and will get some takedowns but late in the fight he will be a bleeding and tired mess. Tony by TKO, the guy is special.

Probably, but he will be taking a lot more sharp elbows from the bottom than usual.

People believe in those elbows, I actually don't think he'll be able to land too many of those with Khabib's forehead in Tonys chin.

I think it will look like this:

Khabib will smother him

giphy.gif

I feel like 5 rounds isn't going to be enough for this fight.

15 kilos over 155? That means he’s walking at 188 pounds...

If Tony can maintain guard. If Khabib has his usual positional choices then Tony is not going to be in a position to use them as khabib usually prioritizes getting past the guard fairly quickly. So we're really going to see how strong Tony's guard is, and his ability to scramble. Can't wait for this shit.

The odds are 2:1 in Khabibs favor and I think that is about right. I am not saying Ferg cant win but I think in ten fights Khabib wins 8 times.

He fights at 155. 15 kg is 33 pounds. So he is walking around at around 188-190.

Yeah had a brain fart there, and after my first day taking alpha brain too. Maybe it doesn’t work so well haha.

U like him or u don’t ... this man deserves his respect for very hard work... and he is on his way to become GOAT.... I actually can see him taking belt from Usman ... Usman surprised me his footwork yesterday.... but Habib is much better in every aspect of mma

These two will kill each other, they will both not be the same anymore after they fight. Just like Romero and Bobby.

Back