Colby fought like an idiot and deserved the L.

The Mookster

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
After he fought Robbie Lawler people were saying Colby was "GSPesque"... I honestly had never watched this guy fight except for the fight against RDA which was a good but boring performance. I know the guy supposedly runs marathons with Cameron Haynes etc so he should have the cardio to mix in wrestling with his striking. I get that he's unlikely to get Usman to the ground however if he truly was GSPesque he would have used his striking to open up take downs and take down attempts to open up striking. He did neither. He instead decided to kickbox with a guy who has more KOs and more power. That is braindead retarded IMO. After watching how close it was in a pure striking match, Im convinced Colby could have won had he had a fight IQ like GSP. He has the physical gifts at least but just not the intelligence. Congrats to Kamaru, did his fucking job and is still champ.

Who fucking cares about GSP, he has absolutely no relevance to this fight.

There’s a difference in facing natural lw n one dimensional ww n a beast like usman.

the guy has no exploitable weakness at ww.

- solid chin
- very good cardio
- very good tdd
- bjj black belt
- very good td
- decent striker

Gsp never faced an opponent of this caliber

The broken jaw sealed his deal, shit luck to be honest to get a broken jaw by pillow fists, ngannou doesnt break jaws lol

The broken jaw sealed his deal, shit luck to be honest to get a broken jaw by pillow fists, ngannou doesnt break jaws lol

Colby has glass body n glass jaw that’s why

Don't be a dick, ts is right. It was a close fight, with a different game plan the outcome could have been different.

You mean if he didnt lose he could have won?

Doesnt that go for every fight?

After he fought Robbie Lawler people were saying Colby was "GSPesque"... I honestly had never watched this guy fight except for the fight against RDA which was a good but boring performance. I know the guy supposedly runs marathons with Cameron Haynes etc so he should have the cardio to mix in wrestling with his striking. I get that he's unlikely to get Usman to the ground however if he truly was GSPesque he would have used his striking to open up take downs and take down attempts to open up striking. He did neither. He instead decided to kickbox with a guy who has more KOs and more power. That is braindead retarded IMO. After watching how close it was in a pure striking match, Im convinced Colby could have won had he had a fight IQ like GSP. He has the physical gifts at least but just not the intelligence. Congrats to Kamaru, did his fucking job and is still champ.
Show him how it's done chief

He can use your martial arts expertise

I thought Colby fought a great fight, you can always say “in hindsight” but I thought he was really fucking close to winning with the gameplan he chose. Didn’t go his way but it was a great fight and he should be proud he did what he did. Usman straight embarrassed woodley. He had to fight for his life against Colby with a broken jaw.

LOL at the thought of Covington being compared to the likes of St. Pierre...

You mean if he didnt lose he could have won?

Doesnt that go for every fight?
Dude, I said with a different game plan, it could have a different outcome. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that statement. Outcome doesn't mean win/lose.

Dude, I said with a different game plan, it could have a different outcome. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that statement. Outcome doesn't mean win/lose.

Lol so with a different game plan he may have lost but just differently

Isn’t Usman a better wrestler than Colby? So what success would he have had by trying to wrestle him? He would have used up a lot of energy to try and get a guy down who was a better wrestler and bigger and stronger than him. Would have been pointless. Sometimes wrestlers cancel each other out. Don’t like Colby but he fought with a broken jaw ffs.

All credits to Colby. Won me over with his persistence.

But unfortunately Usman was on another level. With that performance he can compete at MW.

Lol so with a different game plan he may have lost but just differently
Yes. It could have been an even closer fight, he could have lost a close decision, Or won, or a draw. Like i said outcome is different to win or lose. I think ts is right in the sense that colbys gameplan was shit and it would have helped him to switch things up a bit.

Back