Who is all time greater FW - McGregor or Volkanovski?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danis_champ

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Conor McGregor has wins over:

-Marcus Brimage
-Max Holloway (21 year Holloway who was not even ranked at the time)
-Diego Brandao (Diego fought on short notice, ranked in top 15)
-Dustin Poirier (ranked #5 at the time?) but was not Dustin we know now.
-Dennis Siver (who magically appeared into rankings before Conor fought him)
-Chad Mendes (was winning the fight until he gassed)
-Jose Aldo (was top 3 p4p at the time)

Alexander Volkanovski has wins over:

-Yusuke Kasuya
-Mizuto Hirota
-Shane Young
-Jeremy Kennedy
-Darren Elkins (Volk beat prime Elkins who was coming of a 6 fight win streak)
-Chad Mendes
-Jose Aldo
-Max Holloway

Right now I would slightly give it to Conor but Volk surpasses him if he defends at least once. Volkanovski been more dominant in his wins in my opinion but Conor has more finishes.

Last edited:
Mcgregor fw run is the best title shot run ever out any divisions.

Conor, pretty entertaining run, he stopped everyone but Max Holloway.

Mcgregor ran through the FW division, Alex has been winning but he hasnt destroyed anyone.

I'd say Conor over Volk just cause outside their shared wins, Poirer is the best fighter.

Volk is like, one title defence away from surpassing him though.

Last edited:
Conor, slightly. Volkanovski surpasses him after one defense.

Mcgregor fw run is the best title shot run ever out any divisions.
Conor went 7-0 with only 3 of his opponents ranked within the top 10, yet you think that's the greatest title run ever lol?

You might want to check out a fighter by the name of JDS. 6 of his first 8 UFC fights were against top 10 opponents. 4 of them were top 5 opponents... JDS has more top 5 wins in his first 8 UFC fights than Conor has in his entire career lol

Last edited:
The runs are about equal to me, but Volk passes by him in his next fight, win lose or draw as long as it is a title defense.

“Look me in the eyes. 38 years of age. Confident as a mother fucker, long, rangy, dangerous with every hand. Trust me. I’m going to stop Floyd and you’re all going to eat your words, the whole world is going to eat their words." - Dennis Siver

hi-res-350c6c439393f16c6afddb9aa67357ab_crop_north.jpg

Conor solely for the reason that he beat Jose Aldo in his prime + did it in 13 seconds.

Conor only lost 1 round at featherweight and that was against Chad Mendes in round 1.

lmao imagine actually believing that.
KO'd Brimage in the first round.
Completely dominated Max Holloway.
KO'd Poirier in the first round.
KO'd Mendes in the second round.
KO'd Aldo in 13 seconds. Jose was the p4p number 1 fighter at that time and was on 18 fights win streak.

Donor, Volk only needs to defend the title once to surpass him though.

Conor just (and I'm a Conor hater). One defense and Volk is ahead though.

I'd put their runs to the title on similar ratings. But finishing Aldo that quickly gives Connor the edge imo.

( which is silly in a way as it's 23 seconds but that's my opinion)

Annoyingly. . I dislike my own opinion . huge Alex fan. But shrug.

I definitely think volk will be around a lot longer in fw so once he gets a few more wins ( if ) he will be in goat fw territory , which I don't consider Connor to be.

Conor went 7-0 with only 3 of his opponents ranked within the top 10, yet you think that's the greatest title run ever lol?

You might want to check out a fighter by the name of JDS lad. 6 of his first 7 UFC fighters were against top 10 opponents. 4 of them were top 5 opponents... JDS has more top 5 wins in his first 7 fights than Conor has in his entire career lol
Do You know how stupid it is to judge a fighter abilities by judging where he's ranked? You're one of those people that judge a fighter skills by reading their wiki page instead of evaluating their fighting skills by watching their fights.
You're a straight up casual, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back