Referee Keith Peterson

BryanSchaub

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Keith Peterson did a fucking awesome job on the fights he refereed on UFC 245.

When Nunes was hitting Germaine's arms in the first round DC said "He's gonna stop it!!" and I just remember thinking WHY? She is clearly defending herself. Some referees tend to stop the fight when the fighter is clearly defending well. Marc Goddard or Herb Dean would have stopped the Nunes fight in the first round imo.

Mr Peterson is a consistent referee, have him referee all main events in the future.

Usman vs Covington reminded me of Barao vs Faber, where Barao was hitting Faber on the shoulder/arm with soft hammer fists and Faber is giving the thumbs up to the referee and gets called anyway. If a fighter is very clearly not taking any damage how is this not "intelligently defending himself"?

He's usually pretty great. That first stand-up was a bit sus, but I can't complain too much about it. Him and Jason Herzog are the best refs working today imo.

He did a horrible job in the Nunes fight. The first standup was way too quick, he gave Nunes zero time to work. Then the rest of the fight there were multiple moments where he could've stood it up due to lack of activity but didn't.

Just eats it like it's nothin

refgotkicked.gif

He gives fighters every chance but he’s already there for the save if needed, that’s good to see in the current climate. Goddard has a big mouth but he is inconsistent; guy is trigger happy right now but let Rumble kill Gus. Just seems to be one of those guys who is easily influenced by the popular fighter etc. Herb Dean has been a joke for years.

I actually get excited when Peterson is ref because I’m not terrified of him messing it up. I like Beltran too. I abhor early stoppages and so do the fighters.

Keith Peterson went to school with Mike Judge. He based Bobby Hill on his old friend Keith.
A-4167235-1550209250-1728.jpeg.jpg

I hope one day a fighter walks out to Keith Peterson's music for a fight he's reffing, would be epic.

overall i think he's great. I thought there were moments in the 4th and 5th round that he could've called for a stand-up between nunes and gdr.

Salty Colby fans trying to disguiss their butthurt threads by discussing other referees then sticking in a paragraph about Colby lol.

Salty Colby fans trying to disguiss their butthurt threads by discussing other referees then sticking in a paragraph about Colby lol.

Like Conor fans they'll be active for a few weeks before something shiny catches their attention and distracts them for a while. Then the forum will be peaceful for a bit.

He did a horrible job in the Nunes fight. The first standup was way too quick, he gave Nunes zero time to work. Then the rest of the fight there were multiple moments where he could've stood it up due to lack of activity but didn't.
Nunes couldnt have worked anyway in the first standup because she was pinned in a bear hug for over a minute without moving to try and get free. The early standup was the right call.

I thought Petersen did a great job.

He’s a boss

Him and Herzog are both excellent refs

Nunes couldnt have worked anyway in the first standup because she was pinned in a bear hug for over a minute without moving to try and get free. The early standup was the right call.

I thought Petersen did a great job.

<36>

They weren't even on the ground for a minute, clown.

Back