Official Fight Metric Stats have Moraes Outstriking Aldo

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
For those unaware, live stats are shit. The day after the card, the stats are scrutinized and become official.

A832B324-F54F-4FE6-923A-1CBF63567A62.jpeg

I believe it. Aldo was missing lots, but just barely enough that some were probably counted.

Moraes also took Aldo down in first round.

To win a fight you have to move forward.
It's true, Rogan told me that.

I thought it was a very close fight and thought Aldo was a fool at the end of the fight acting like he clearly won

To win a fight you have to move forward.
It's true, Rogan told me that.
Moving forward actually plays no factor into judging, at all, UNLESS everything else is even.

I thought it was a very close fight and thought Aldo was a fool at the end of the fight acting like he clearly won
The "act like a close fight is a sure win to influence the judges in any way you can" has been a trick in Aldo's toolbox for years

Moraes won the fight imo but stats doesn't tell the whole story. It's a very unreliable way to judge a fight.

Moving forward actually plays no factor into judging, at all, UNLESS everything else is even.
This is one of the most misunderstood things on this site.

People love to say “Fighter X clearly won based on” and then they hit you with some intangible, non-quantifiable bullshit that has nothing to do with the scoring criteria. A guy said today Marlon can’t have won because Aldo was a hunter and Marlon was the hunted based on look in the eyes.

If you’re a logical individual, it will kill you slowly.

Moraes won the fight imo but stats doesn't tell the whole story.
It certainly does not but Aldo groupies and Aldo himself are using the live stats to say he clearly won

The "act like a close fight is a sure win to influence the judges in any way you can" has been a trick in Aldo's toolbox for years
Hearing how he was crying in the back makes it seem like he genuinely thought he had it.

Eh, aldo was the only one that hurt his opponent. Round 1 moraes was hurt, and aldo should have came out round 2 more aggressive

Hearing how he was crying in the back makes it seem like he genuinely thought he had it.
Nothing wrong with thinking you won a close fight.

But his behavior and Instagram post imply (actually flat out state) that there is NO feasible way he lost. That’s different.

Eh, aldo was the only one that hurt his opponent. Round 1 moraes was hurt, and aldo should have came out round 2 more aggressive
Aldo was on queer street 10 seconds in...

It was a close fight and either guy could have won. Not a robbery by any means.

It certainly does not but Aldo groupies and Aldo himself are using the live stats to say he clearly won
Well aldo did outlanded moraes in total strikes according to fightmetric. But like I said, judging the fight by reading stats is stupid and unreliable.

Aldo spent a lot of time cutting off Moraes and just staring at him or walking into punches.

Aldo was on queer street 10 seconds in...
where? he ate a head kick flush, it just surprised him. he wasnt wobbled or anything

where as aldo started going into kill mode and had moraes desperating to clinch and panic wrestle. if he had more time on the clock and wasnt so passive throughout the fight he could have gotten a stoppage. it was pretty evident he had the better chin and also had more power in his punches as well. he let moraes play around and stay in the fight.

he shows flashes of his killer instinct like at the end of round 1, but then he spends the rest of the fight just following and not doing shit.

Back