Does a broken Jaw = Glass Jaw or Reinforced Jaw or neither?

SpiderFan187

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Great war put on last night. Just wondering how previous fighters have came back after a broken jaw, does it just heal up over time like nothing happened? or as the title suggests does could it have an impact by forever being weakened or reinforced

Really stupid quote imo.. losing two arms won't kill you and def won't make you stronger.

While I agree with your statement, losing two arms may very well force you to become mentally stronger.

I prefer, what doesnt kill you makes you weak and almost dead.

To answer thread a fracture generally heals stronger, but concussive force is concussive force, bone density only makes a mild difference in your ability to handle blows. Neck strength and thickness is the most important aspect in not getting KO'd as far as I can tell. Other variables and intangibles count too.

It’s a fracture of some kind
I think he means if they fix his jaw with titanium plates, does that make his jaw even stronger going forward?

Because RDA broke his jaw, and he came back BEAST MODE afterwards. He even joked that his jaw was stronger than before.

It means you'll be eating through a straw

Great war put on last night. Just wondering how previous fighters have came back after a broken jaw, does it just heal up over time like nothing happened? or as the title suggests does could it have an impact by forever being weakened or reinforced
The only one I can recall is Arlovski who whent on a nice 6 win streak until Stipe tko, then reem tko, Francis tko and Rozenstruik ko.
So maybe it was better those 4 are some heavy FN hitters.

I hate Colby but as a fighter, mad props,for still fighting. That being said, i,wish he would require arch bars for a month and a liquid diet but probably won’t if reports of non displaced fixx are right.

Really stupid quote imo.. losing two arms won't kill you and def won't make you stronger.
Pretty sure how this happens will determine that as outside of a medical procedure you will most likely die.

Don't think its weak. Watching the fight it looked like it got broken from a jab, repeated clean jabs. That'll happen if you keep lunging into them and catching them on your mandible.

when bones are broken...any bone, they usually heal stronger than they originally were...this is fact....

I think he means if they fix his jaw with titanium plates, does that make his jaw even stronger going forward?

Because RDA broke his jaw, and he came back BEAST MODE afterwards. He even joked that his jaw was stronger than before.

He’s still gonna get punched in the face for a Job.
I side with won’t matter

He’s still gonna get punched in the face for a Job.
I side with won’t matter
... ok ... ?

Thanks for your random opinion unrelated the topic.

Back in reality, it might matter. Titanium reinforced bone tends to be stronger than before the bone was broken.

Broken, hairline fracture, whatever...it doesn't mean anything more than at the end of the day, Colby is a tough mother fucker.

As far as Colby's antics are concerned, not a fan. That said, nobody can deny he is one of the best in the WW division.

Back