Usman Mends Fences Dedicating Win to Brazilians Colby Trolled

When did you become an Usman fan?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Man of War Becomes Man of Peace

“Let’s be honest: Nobody wants to lose to that guy. I said and I meant, this was for the world. This for the people in Brazil. This is for my family. This was for everybody. When you push hate and you push separation, love and unity do win sometimes. Tonight it won.

“It’s good to move past all of that. This is what kept me sane for the seven months. I knew the fight was going to happen . . . this moment after the fight (where I could enjoy beating him). That’s what I looked forward to. It’s the addicting moment.

“You have to be able to withstand all that pressure and rise to the occasion. That’s what I was able to do tonight.

“It takes a lot to carry all that [Colby] negativity. It takes a lot to carry that whole act and that whole fake bravado. It takes a whole lot out of you to then come in here and try to fight. I imagine now what he’s going to be going through. It takes a lot out of you physically and mentally. He’s a tough guy. I always give him credit. I think he’s a very, very tough fighter. But on to the next.

“They were chanting for me, too. I’ve said it time and time again, I’m more American than him. I’m what it means to be an American. I’m an immigrant that worked my (expletive) off tirelessly to get to the top and I’m still prevailing. That’s what it means to be an American.”

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/mma-ufc/kamaru-usman-pleased-to-move-on-after-ufc-245-1915130/

Still working on it.

Either that or never will be. Just dont like ali and any influence he has.

Can say I respect the fighter.

He had me for last night and last night only.

That's a classy quote.

If he shit on Colby nobody would blame him, but being measured like that emasculates Colby even more.

Mends fences? Brazilians only didn't like Colby for his comments. It had nothing to do with hating Americans or whoever you're insinuating, and Marty dedicating that fight to them certainly didn't make them like Colby

“Let’s be honest: Nobody wants to lose to that guy. I said and I meant, this was for the world. This for the people in Brazil. This is for my family. This was for everybody. When you push hate and you push separation, love and unity do win sometimes. Tonight it won.

“It’s good to move past all of that. This is what kept me sane for the seven months. I knew the fight was going to happen . . . this moment after the fight (where I could enjoy beating him). That’s what I looked forward to. It’s the addicting moment.

“You have to be able to withstand all that pressure and rise to the occasion. That’s what I was able to do tonight.

“It takes a lot to carry all that [Colby] negativity. It takes a lot to carry that whole act and that whole fake bravado. It takes a whole lot out of you to then come in here and try to fight. I imagine now what he’s going to be going through. It takes a lot out of you physically and mentally. He’s a tough guy. I always give him credit. I think he’s a very, very tough fighter. But on to the next.

“They were chanting for me, too. I’ve said it time and time again, I’m more American than him. I’m what it means to be an American. I’m an immigrant that worked my (expletive) off tirelessly to get to the top and I’m still prevailing. That’s what it means to be an American.”

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/mma-ufc/kamaru-usman-pleased-to-move-on-after-ufc-245-1915130/

100% class. He had every opportunity to sink to Colby's level, but took the high road.

Will never be a fan. Hate his victim turned hero BS, he's boring, and it's obvious he's on the juice.

Last refuge for the maga crowd. You should learn something from a real American like Usman

Guy is just unlikeable, that post fight speech was terrible, I’ve never seen anyone win a crowd and then lose them in the same paragraph.
<6>

Colby was more classy in defeat than this guy was in victory.

Last refuge for the maga crowd. You should learn something from a real American like Usman
LOL:rolleyes:

First, I am not from the US and don't live there, so, more or less, I don't care about your politics.
Second, he's (just a poor) Nigerian, or at least that's what he wants everyone to think of him... which goes along what I just wrote.

When did you become an Usman fan?

you forgot to add my response for the vote...
giphy.gif

This doesn't make any sense to me. They chanted 'you will die'. They (not all not all not all) deserve the insults they received in kind.

LOL:rolleyes:

First, I am not from the US and don't live there, so, more or less, I don't care about your politics.
Second, he's (just a poor) Nigerian, or at least that's what he wants everyone to think of him... which goes along what I just wrote.
He was a poor when he came to America and now he successful and his thankful what's wrong with that.

Usman likes the victim mentality, but is typically the bully. Started shit with Colby in a buffet line, had Ali there trying to fight him 2vs1... like wtf who does that kind of shit?

Usman acts like everyone who likes Trump or Colby is 100% racist

Usman uses the race card whenever he can, especially if you don't like him for any reason

Usman always has a chip on his shoulder, tries to act like a tough guy all the time

Usman is easily triggered and can't take any type of criticism, acts like a child when someone says anything bad about him

I can't really say he has any redeeming qualities. On top of being a boring fighter and having zero personality, he also makes excuses for his crappy performances. I really doubt i'll ever like the guy and can't understand why anyone does other than being a Trump/Colby hater.

He was a poor when he came to America and now he successful and he's thankful what's wrong with that.
Nothing wrong with that, I just don't appreciate him bragging about it so much. It sounds as he's using the victim card in order for us to like him. He moved to the US when he was only 8, though...

<mma4>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back