Who is Volkanovski's biggest threat at Featherweight?

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
Yellow Card
Reaction score
The dude already has wins over Mendes, Aldo, and Holloway. Wins over 2/3 FW GOATs and against a D1 power wrestler.
His next contenders could be Max, Zabit, Yair, Ortega, Zombie, but do you really see any of them beating him?

Super well rounded, athletic, and technical fighter.

563189.jpg

Volkanovski looks pretty solid. I'm curious to see how he matches up against Yair or Zabit. I also think Holloway has a decent chance at winning the rematch if he chances a couple things in his approach.

Max has to perform a lot better in a rematch, he's a much better fighter than he showed last night.

I think Zabit has the style to give Volk massive problems, but the cardio is a big question.

I think he beats Ortega, Yair or Zombie.

zabit if he manages to fix his cardio can win 3 rounds easily against volk than loose the last 2.

Holloway for whatever reason cant kick for his life, zabit or yair can destroy the shorter volk just with those kicks. But Yair lack in grappling, so my main contender is zabit.

Zabit

Maybe Conor if he ever returns home.

But that's about it.

After zombie knocks out edgar hes coming for Volkanovski.

The dude already has wins over Mendes, Aldo, and Holloway. Wins over 2/3 FW GOATs and against a D1 power wrestler.
His next contenders could be Max, Zabit, Yair, Ortega, Zombie, but do you really see any of them beating him?

any one of those guys has a chance. They are all dangerous and have formidable strengths. Volk has his work cut out for him if he thinks he's gonna be a champ for a while. Good luck to Volk he seems like a poor mans GSP and he is only gonna get better

Good luck to Volk he seems like a poor mans GSP and he is only gonna get better
I mean Volk is nowhere near Georges St-Pierre yet, but as long as he's looking as good as he does, it's a bit unfair to describe him as a "poor man's GSP".
Guess you didn't mean it bad anyway, but just throwing my two cents in here, hehe.

i honestly have no idea, watching just HOW good volk was last night i don't know how you're supposed to beat that dude.

probably still max though, but i don't know how because he had nothing for volk last night.

Alex destroys Mcgregor with ease, most likely within the first 2 rounds

Austrailia>Ireland

Zabit would be the most interesting. Its a tough fight for both guys. Kattar would be a good fight but thats not happening anytime soon.

Max with the right adjustments. None of those 4 could hand with max even.

I mean Volk is nowhere near Georges St-Pierre yet, but as long as he's looking as good as he does, it's a bit unfair to describe him as a "poor man's GSP".
Guess you didn't mean it bad anyway, but just throwing my two cents in here, hehe.

I thought that was high praise. Don't see him on GSPs level at this point but his style is similar. what's in a label anyway

Last edited:
Back