Simple question about FW GOAT

Shaddows

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Over the past couple of years, almost everyone was on Max Holloway's bandwagon.

While I always noted he would have to remain at the top for a few more years before surpassing Aldo, many claimed he was FW GOAT. Even ROgan made such claim after the fight, while he spoke with Volk.

Did last night change anyone's opinion?

Who do you consider to be FW GOAT?
Aldo?
Max?
Volk?
Conor?

(if mods could kindly make this a poll, that would be awesome!!)

Just to be fair, let me post my opinion.

I do think Aldo is still FW GOAT.
But I did thing Max would reign supreme and get to pass Aldo, which I was obviously proven wrong.
So there's that :)

It's Aldo. Holloway would've needed at least 2 more defenses to have a good argument. Volkanovski has no argument, neither has Conor.

You put volk and Conor as an option.....<3><DisgustingHHH>

Aldo is FW GOAT. Max is his closest competition. Volk isn't in the discussion yet and Conor isn't either, and likely will never be seeing as how he doesn't want to cut the weight.

Career and Legacy wise:
1.Aldo
2.Max
3.Volk/Conor

Skill wise:
1.Volk/Conor?
2.Max
3.Aldo

max is too one dimensional, while aldo was a dynamo in his prime. very explosive, threw punches kicks knees etc.

max is a great fighter and a great champion, but the consensus fw goat bullshit is hogwash. same shit was being said about woodley the last few years. get 5 title defenses and then come talking.

I gotta go with Max

Conor is clearly the GOAT then Aldo 2nd
troll account? Conor left the div if he would've been able to keep on making 145 and gave Aldo the rematch then defended against Max and maybe Edgar then yeah.

You put volk and Conor as an option.....<3><DisgustingHHH>
for same fickle minds as those who claimed Max was as soon as he beat Aldo.
Or the ones that claimed COnor was as soon as he beat ALdo.

for same fickle minds as those who claimed Max was as soon as he beat Aldo.
Or the ones that claimed COnor was as soon as he beat ALdo.
Understood. Catering to the masses.

It's Aldo. Holloway would've needed at least 2 more defenses to have a good argument. Volkanovski has no argument, neither has Conor.

Correct, I love big Al but you're right of course. But when a guy wins we overrate them and when they lose we underrate them.

Back