Did last night fights just prove even more that these 2 GOATs would still dominate their divisions?

rushbeg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
STR_2715_large.jpg

032_Georges_St_Pierre.0.jpg

Last night should be a wake-up call for the fair-weather fans who tend to forget about how good these two fighters were
GSP and Cruz are two of the most skilled and greatest fighters of all time , The current breed of BW and WW may be good but not yet on these two GOAT levels.
Sad that we never saw FW GOAT Jose Aldo try to move down when Cruz was champion(and not injured) , That would have been a good name for Cruz's resume.

tenor.gif

RipeNiceHorsechestnutleafminer-size_restricted.gif

AnchoredKindheartedDolphin-size_restricted.gif

d728c86dea960aecae554dae2eacc2ac.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Both have came back from huge lay-off filled with injuries and surgeries (In Dom's case multiple of them) and have defeated UFC champions in their returns . Not only they would dominate the current divisiosn in their prime , I give both them a pretty good chance of them still beating the champion. Although Dom may have had too many injuries to this point , I would still pick him to beat Cejudo if his knees dont giev up during the fight. Same with GSP i would pick him within a heartbeat to beat Usman even at this point of his career.

Last night we saw two of the best current welterweights in the world Kamaru Usman and Colby Covington(Who i'm a big fan of) slug it out and it was a very entertaining fight.
But neither of them did look like someone who would give GSP real trouble , Do you really think that they would have been even competitive sluging it out like that against GSP? Both were eating a lot of jabs from each other last night , And that is a very bad sign if you are going up against GSP who arguably has the best jab in MMA history and is second to none in transitioning from striking to grappling. Not to mention GSP and his team being masters of game-planning . Not only i do pick a Prime GSP to domiante them i also favor a current GSP to beat them as well.

We also saw Jose Aldo making his 135 debut against the #1 ranked Marlon Moraes.
I thought he looked good and won the fight , Him vs Cruz has been a dream matchup since the WEC days.
He looked good yes , but he was giving way too many reactions to feints and was having trouble with Moraes movement and left hand.

Not a good sign if you are fighting Cruz , His ability to fustrate you while making you miss would have gave Aldo a lot of trouble. We saw Moraes caught Aldo with many pot shots similar to the ones Cruz dropped Faber with and also having a lot of success with the basic jab.

Prime Cruz's footwork and ability to hit without being hit was second to none , His transitions from striking to wrestling were elite as well. Out of current bantamweights i think he would have the most trouble against Yan but i still would pick him to beat him.

Petr Yan despite getting it done in a brutal fashion was being somewhat competitive with Faber during the first round and also ate some solid shots from Faber in the second , Cruz's movement and work from outside would have gotten him the win , even though it would have been a tough matchup for Cruz.

Marlon would've wrecked Dominick in time anyways...
Colby or Leon Scott would've destroyed GSP in time anyways... Hell One of those goats got retired by a some deflated fighter.

GSP would, Cruz would not. Cruz at his best always loses to Garbrandt and Yan and loses to Dillashaw 50% of the time.

I think if we are talking about gsp pre Hendricks then yes he would still rule.

GSP today I just dont see it.

Same for WEC cruz. Todays Cruz again not so much.

I say Prime Cruz beats Moraes and Aldo.

Now I really mean "Prime" and by "Beat" I mean decision.

Neither looked like they could cope with his movement.

Marlon would've wrecked Dominick in time anyways...
Colby or Leon Scott would've destroyed GSP in time anyways... Hell One of those goats got retired by a some deflated fighter.
Cruz would school Marlon , Same with GSP against the todays welterweights.
Even known shills such as @20falarVerdades know this as he has acknowledged Cruz as one of the GOATs in the past. He is certainly ahead of his idols in that regard.

GSP, in his prime, is right up there. His striking is ahead of Colby and Usman but he lacks power. His wrestling is just as good.

Today, he gets demolished.

I'm a cejudo fan but Cruz is the worst possible match up for him.

The Toner cut and paste crew should be here momentarily.

Usman would beat prime GSP

Prime Aldo would beat Volk/Holloway

Usman would beat prime GSP

Prime Aldo would beat Volk/Holloway
Do you really think that Snoozeman's shitty striking would have made it against GSP?
Did you see him get lit up all night by Colby's jabs? He wouldnt be able to take GSP down either , That would be an relatively easy fight for Prime GSP.
Unlike the middleweight division who would smash the former ruler of that weak division (A.Silva) the same wont happen in welterweight , Current wetlerweights are good but they still dont even come close to GSP fighting ability and greatness.

Back