Is Volkanovski the FW GOAT?

The-AxeMurderer

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I mean he just handily beat the previous FW GOAT Max Holloway.

Joe Rogans head must be spinning right now.

<30>

{<jordan}

Came in ready to rip you.

Saw the joke.

Now I have this build up of fuckery and no where to blow my load. Thanks.

<[analyzed}>
But honestly; Holloway had a legitimate argument to being it (and still has) because even if he's got less title-defences than Aldo: he beat the latter twice, beat extremely good competition in general and was on a 13-fight winning-streak or so.

But to answer your question: Volkanovski apparently has the tools to become a really great fighter. Who can really beat him at the moment, considering Max was soundly beaten by him?

They are just keeping the GOAT title warm until Artem makes his return.

anyone who takes the title is GOAT.
Relax.

<[analyzed}>
But honestly; Holloway had a legitimate argument to being it (and still has) because even if he's got less title-defences than Aldo: he beat the latter twice, beat extremely good competition in general and was on a 13-fight winning-streak or so.

But to answer your question: Volkanovski apparently has the tools to become a really great fighter. Who can really beat him at the moment, considering Max was soundly beaten by him?

Volkanovski is on an 18 fight winning streak and beat both Max and Aldo. I guess he also has a legitimate claim to it according to your logic.

Volkanovski is now 8-0 winning streak. So, I have to say he has surpassed Aldo and McGregor. Max is at 13. So, Volkanovski still has some work to do.

Volkanovski is now 8-0 winning streak. So, I have to say he has surpassed Aldo and McGregor. Max is at 13. So, Volkanovski still has some work to do.

So quality of opponents doesn't matter?

Holloway>Aldo>Conor Mcgregor>Chad Mendes>Artem> Volk>Frankie

that's pretty accurate standing

Volkanovski is on an 18 fight winning streak and beat both Max and Aldo. I guess he also has a legitimate claim to it according to your logic.
I've seen worse arguments, but let's not forget that Volkanovski has 8 wins (and a win-streak as long) inside the UFC, while Max has 17 wins inside the UFC, and had a 14-fight win-streak (at featherweight) going before he lost to Volkanovski.

Aldo was 7-0 all title defenses at one point and this doesn't count his run in the WEC which was the premier league for FW at the time.

So quality of opponents doesn't matter?
Quality of opponent does matter. But I don't judge the opponents based on media rankings. I judge the quality of the opponent based on the opponents consecutive wins or UFC record going into the fight.

I have already looked at the quality of opponents for McGregor, and it is TERRIBLE. I could at Aldo's but it will be too tedious.

I've seen worse arguments, but let's not forget that Volkanovski has 8 wins (and a win-streak as long) inside the UFC, while Max has 17 wins inside the UFC, and had a 14-fight win-streak (at featherweight) going before he lost to Volkanovski.

A good number of those wins weren't even UFC caliber so you shouldn't get hung up on "UFC wins". And a loss is a loss.

Aldo was 7-0 all title defenses at one point and this doesn't count his run in the WEC which was the premier league for FW at the time.
I appreciate your opinion. However, I don't count WEC either. I only count UFC records. Also, Aldo was inaugurated as UFC 145 champion. He didn't win the belt, but he legitimized it.

The UFC doesn't have an valid and reliable algorithm for rewarding fighters title shots. They use a process that heavily biased by a fighter's popularity.

Consequently, I no longer value "title defenses." As far as I am concerned, consecutive wins in the UFC is a better metric, because it has less bias. You get rewarded for beating whoever is in front of you even if you are not a "needle mover."

Aldo is the featherweight goat.

<[analyzed}>

Well, to be fair, Aldo had an almost 10 year, 18 fight win streak, including 9 title defenses in WEC/UFC. Max beat him twice, but I think most would agree it was an at least slightly past him prime Aldo at that point. Aldo is the FW goat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back