So Usman has the best cardio in the entire UFC

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
That's quite impressive for someone his size.

That's quite impressive for someone his size.
Eh, I'd say Colby still has the superior cardio. He was far more active than Usman and didn't really slow down until his jaw was broken. Usman was very calm and accurate with shot selection.

Vollanovski and Holloway might have the best cardio in the UFC too.

UFC-194-TONY-FERGUSON-MMAnytt-Photo-Mazdak-Cavian-2-1000x652.jpg

Eh, I'd say Colby still has the superior cardio. He was far more active than Usman and didn't really slow down until his jaw was broken. Usman was very calm and accurate with shot selection.

It was the body shots that were really slowing Colby down

Its Colby..
He had enough energy to run out the arena after the fight

Don't think it is fair to base anything off one fight with zero grappling that didn't go the distance as an indicator of a stake as high as "greatest cardio in the UFC."

Also, yeah, neither better than Tony IMO.

Usman had a consistent pace while colby operated in flurries. Plus Colby is the only one that slowed down in the fight, body shot or not. I don't know what about that fight made you think he had better cardio. At least try to be objective.

Don't think it is fair to base anything off one fight with zero grappling that didn't go the distance as an indicator of a stake as high as "greatest cardio in the UFC."

Also, yeah, neither better than Tony IMO.

has tony gone 5 rounds?

has tony gone 5 rounds?

Only against RDA and his pace was NOTHING like his 3 round pace. Still really good though and it was at high altitude and he never slowed down. We need to see more to be certain about his cardio.

Right now I'd give it to Holloway and Covington, and not just the best cardio currently in MMA but in the all time picture.

it’s weird you would say that because they fought last night and Usman finished an exhausted Covington in the 5th.

Usman cardio>Covington cardio (as I predicted).

Its Colby..
He had enough energy to run out the arena after the fight
By far. After 24 minutes of fast paced cage fighting, he ran a 50 yard dash and even got a twitter workout on the way to the hospital.

Amazing that that pace, his mouth wasn't even open by round 5.

He's like a TJ Dillashaw in that regard.......

it’s weird you would say that because they fought last night and Usman finished an exhausted Covington in the 5th.

Usman cardio>Covington cardio (as I predicted).

Kamaru Usman full fight stats
Kamaru Usman landed 49% of all his strikes. There was 116 of 279 significant strikes to the head, 53 of 74 body shots, and 6 of 7 leg kicks. Kamaru Usman attempted 0 takedowns and landed 0. Here are all the strikes Kamaru Usman threw and landed againts Colby Covington.

STRIKES THROWN
175 of 360 (49%)
SIGNIFICANT STRIKES
175 of 360 (49%)
HEAD STRIKES
BODY STRIKES
LEG STRIKES
TAKEDOWNS
0 of 0

Colby Covington full fight stats
Colby Covington was firing at a 36% accuracy, throwing 395 strikes and landing 143. There was 143 significant strikes, 103 of 341 landing to the head, 28 of 39 shots to the body and 12 of 15 leg kicks. Colby Covington went for 0 takedowns and landed 0.

STRIKES THROWN
143 of 395 (36%)
SIGNIFICANT STRIKES
143 of 395 (36%)
HEAD STRIKES
BODY STRIKES
LEG STRIKES
TAKEDOWNS
0 of 0

Even the stats agree with you, Colby fans are just salty. And that's not even factoring in the fact that Usman's strikes were thrown with power while colby's where thrown just for the sake of volume. And Usman was the only one to inflict any damage.

Back