How would Usman fare at Middleweight?

Alcibiades007

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
He seems almost unbeatable at WW so it's not unthinkable that he'd try to pull a GSP and move to MW in the future.

Would he have a chance against guys like Adesanya, Costa, Bobby or Romero?

His striking is pretty garbage without his reach. I don't know if he can deal with bigger who are all more well rounded than him. Marty is kind of a poor man's GSP.

lol romero ? costa ???? adesanya ???? whittaker ???????? ( worst match up on paper btw, such a good anti-wrestler fighter )

usman aint moving to 185 anytime soon ...

Last edited:
just like how bisping killed gsp

Bisping almost got KOed by 47 year old hendo. I'd take any bloated 170 pounder over him.

Imagine pridefully gloating about GSP beating bisping to become "champ champ" .

Any non-bias person could see it's the weakest claim to double champ. Conor beat ALDO the FW GOAT and then went and beat the current champ Eddie.
Amanda was reigning BW champ and went and KOed the 10 year unbeaten at the time WMMA GOAT cyborg.
DC, didn't beat Jon but got through the likes of Gus and Rumble to become champ when Jones fucked himself over, and then beat Stipe (even though i think he eye poke cheated) still a better win than bisping.

Cejudo beat (not really but on paper) FlyW GOAT MM, and then went on and beat EPOed TJ...

just like how bisping killed gsp

GSP cherry picked Bisping.

Usman could possibly take guys like Gastelum, Whitaker and Till if he could use his wrestling. Israel too if he could get him down. I don’t see him surviving more than 2 rounds with Romero or Costa though. Too big. Too strong.

He would never fight Israel since they're really close friends.

GSP cherry picked Bisping.

Usman could possibly take guys like Gastelum, Whitaker and Till if he could use his wrestling. Israel too if he could get him down. I don’t see him surviving more than 2 rounds with Romero or Costa though. Too big. Too strong.

exactly. I agree. The guy i responded to said they "all kill him"

in what universe? Usman hasn't lost in the UFC yet lol

I think Romero is even worse.
romero has the cardio issue, he is of course a nightmare match up. But whittaker is the absolute worst math up, best anti wrestler fighter in the ufc with super fast striking and cardio for days.

romero has the cardio issue, he is of course a nightmare match up. But whittaker is the absolute worst math up, best anti wrestler fighter in the ufc with super fast striking and cardio for days.

Agree about Bobby's qualities but Romero could both out wrestle Usman and he banged liked hell with Costa. I can't honestly picture how Usman would beat him.

If he had trouble taking down Israel, he'd get blasted. I haven't seen Adesanya's wrestling tested enough to know if Usman could blanket him

He might be able to gas Costa, but would probably lose a 3 rounder

Romero seems like a tough fight for him. He'd probably have to outstrike Yoel which isn't easy

I think he has a decent shot against Bobby

He can't box with those guys yet.

It would be tough.

Back