Round 4
Usman: 35 of 68
Covington: 36 of 76

Round 5
Usman: 37 of 72
Covington: 19 of 60

Takeaways

-Usman was able to get pretty close to matching the output of Covington
-Usman was the more accurate striker, landing 48% of his strikes vs. Colby’s 36%
-Colby outlanded Kamaru in 3/5 rounds, but two were by only 1
-Usman was much more proficient at hitting the body

http://ufcstats.com/fight-details/82177c0f91d9618a

Last edited:
not sure colby decided to stand and trade with a broken jaw.

was it because his d1 wrestling credentials were no match for usman's d2 wrestling ?

was it because his d1 wrestling credentials were no match for usman's d2 wrestling ?
he was just triggering all the liberal snowflakes by getting his jaw broken.

Colby should’ve targeted the body more. It’s not like he’s gonna knock anyone out.

So you're saying usman would have won if he didnt win?

I think the stats show the problem with scoring. Pick em rounds count the same as clear wins. My house was full of educated mma folks and of first 4 rounds, only round 3 was clear. Aldo,scoring had same issue.
I think 10/9 should indicate close round, 10/8 clear winner, and give 10/7 or even 10/6 and problem mostly solved.
Had this gone to judges, last round with 2 knock downs would have been only equaled the pick em rounds that some outlets and one judge gave colby.

Did you see the size difference between these two. Big respect to Colby for taking on a man who looked two weightclasses bigger.

So the rounds Usman out struck Colby were clearly for him, had two and four times as many strikes as Covington and several knockdowns. The rounds Colby outstruck him he had one strike landed more than Usman.

It's clear who the superior fighter is, with or without the stoppage.

Did you see the size difference between these two. Big respect to Colby for taking on a man who looked two weightclasses bigger.

did you see the size difference between Volk and Holloway ? didn't seem to bother volk.

For me it was 9-10 9-10 10-9, 4th round was a toss up and had Colby somehow survived the 5th round it would be 10-8. Best case scenario for Colby was a 47-47 draw and otherwise a 48-46 win for Usman.

The judges scored it 3-1, 2-2 and 1-3 so the winner of round 5 (Usman easily, had Colby survived the last minute) would have won the fight either way.

This is the same kind of bitching the Cormier stans had. Miocic was down 9-10 9-10 10-9 (not 0-3) and had Cormier survived the fourth round it would've been a 10-8 for Miocic and he would lead going to the last round. They also never mention the fact that Miocic was better in the first round of the first fight as well.

This fight was so nice i had to watch it twice. Can i get a two timeeeee

funny how people want to give that snowflake a participation trophy now...

i thought his fanbase was against that sort of thing

Literally the first strike that landed was a leg kick from Colby. Kinda funny that it's 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back