Credit to Colby Covington

PitDoggMMA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I surprise myself in that I was actually beginning to root for Covington in that fight.

Although I don't like Colby's mouth or attitude, you have to take your hat off to his fighting spirit. The dude came to fight.

Moreover, I am not sure what their actual weights were, but Usman was the clearly bigger man.

Although both faked an injury, Colby's was in retaliation to Usman's fake low blow. If you watch the replay, Covington was really starting to bring it to Usman, and Usman faked the low below to bide him some time to clear his head. That tactic, while smart, from Usman's point of view, still was a form of cheating. Colby responded by doing the same thing with an eye poke.

Still, there was a potentially fight-ending momentum going on in Colby's favor, when Usman faked is nut shot injury. The fight may have turned out much differently had there been no referee intervention and time allotted to Usman to clear his head.

Regardless, Usman is the one who ultimately pulled ahead, broke Colby's jaw, and who knocked him down twice in the final stanza. Regardless of how much I disliked Colby Covington's attitude, he was willing to back up his big mouth, until the bitter end, and went out there still trying to kick ass for two more rounds after receiving a broken job. He was not fighting "defensively," Colby was still trying to win.

Hats off to both of these fighters, they both came absolutely committed to winning.

Usman performed exactly as he said he would, 4.5 rounds of abuse, finishing him in the last minute, so his vision became a reality.

Even though he did not win, Colby never stopped trying to win, despite being busted up pretty bad by a bigger stronger man. And now, even with this mouth wired shut, he is still running his mouth on Twitter. <Lmaoo>

He may be hard to like, but you have to respect Colby Covington's verve.

I surprise myself in that I was actually beginning to root for Covington in that fight.

Although I don't like Colby's mouth or attitude, you have to take your hat off to his fighting spirit. The dude came to fight.

Moreover, I am not sure what their actual weights were, but Usman was the clearly bigger man.

Although both faked an injury, Colby's was in retaliation to Usman's fake low blow. If you watch the replay, Covington was really starting to bring it to Usman, and Usman faked the low below to bide him some time to clear his head. That tactic, while smart, from Usman's point of view, still was a form of cheating. Colby responded by doing the same thing with an eye poke.

Still, there was a potentially fight-ending momentum going on in Colby's favor, when Usman faked is nut shot injury. The fight may have turned out much differently had there been no referee intervention and time allotted to Usman to clear his head.

Regardless, Usman is the one who ultimately pulled ahead, broke Colby's jaw, and who knocked him down twice in the final stanza. Regardless of how much I disliked Colby Covington's attitude, he was willing to back up his big mouth, until the bitter end, and went out there still trying to kick ass for two more rounds after receiving a broken job. He was not fighting "defensively," Colby was still trying to win.

Hats off to both of these fighters, they both came absolutely committed to winning.

Usman performed exactly as he said he would, 4.5 rounds of abuse, finishing him in the last minute, so his vision became a reality.

Even though he did not win, Colby never stopped trying to win, despite being busted up pretty bad by a bigger stronger man. And now, even with this mouth wired shut, he is still running his mouth on Twitter. <Lmaoo>

He may be hard to like, but you have to respect Colby Covington's verve.

It's truly an amazing thing to watch Colby fanbois grappling with depression and anxiety today.

Save up some money and send Colby some straws for Christmas. He's gonna need them to drink smoothies for the next 6 months.

#MAGAJAW

It's truly an amazing thing to watch Colby fanbois grappling with depression and anxiety today.

Save up some money and send Colby some straws for Christmas. He's gonna need them to drink smoothies for the next 6 months.

Even more amazing to watch idiots write who lack reading comprehension.

I went into that fight despising Colby, but his game fighting spirit made me a fan, even though I can't stand his persona.

Even more amazing to watch idiots write who lack reading comprehension.

I went into that fight despising Colby, but his game fighting spirit made me a fan, even though I can't stand his persona.

Lol stop pretending, you're not fooling anyone. If you can admire a guy who makes fun of dead people and handicapped people, you're just as trashy has the king MAGA incel himself.

Lol stop pretending, you're not fooling anyone. If you can admire a guy who makes fun of dead people and handicapped people, you're just as trashy has the king MAGA incel himself.
Dw0hfMVX4AAQ_KV.jpg

You are an idiot.

Perhaps if I rephrase, simplistically, even an idiot like you will comprehend.

1. I don't like Colby Covington as a person.
2. However, his athletic ability + relentless gameness, even in the face of adversity/injury, has to be admired by any true fight fan.

Can you comprehend the distinction now?

Lots of incel threads will be popping up like this. Even snowflakes need a safe zone to comfort each other after witnessing an immigrant completely savage a MAGA hat owner.

You are an idiot.

Perhaps if I rephrase, simplistically, even an idiot like you will comprehend.

1. I don't like Colby Covington as a person.
2. However, athletic ability + relentless gameness, even in the face of adversity, has to be admired to any true fight fan.

Can you comprehend the distinction now?

A large percentage of the people who post here are complete idiots. Don't bother trying... it's hopeless.

Yeah he impressed me. True fighter. Doesn't need the gimmick whatsoever.

To carry an act like Colby does you have to keep winning.

Once you lose, you are going to get trolled nonstop.

Sad thing is that if Colby was even halfway a decent guy, that performance would have seen his popularity skyrocket.

Respect for the toughness and competitiveness in a hard fight.

But I still can’t stand anybody that puts on a fake persona especially one as obnoxious as he does.

Another pathetic "Let's look on the bright side" post. He broke his jaw. He ran out of the arena. He cried on twitter. Shut up and go away.

anyone that doesn't give him credit in that fight is a moron. those 2 could fight 10 times and each time could be a different winner. neck and neck the whole fight

I

Even though he did not win, Colby never stopped trying to win, despite being busted up pretty bad by a bigger stronger man. And now, even with this mouth wired shut, he is still running his mouth on Twitter. <Lmaoo>.

<45>I would hope he would try win, he's a professional fighter! I had Rosenstruik losing to Overeem, but he hung on and knocked him out in the final seconds.

The fight went down as a lot of us expected, Usman's power and volume was too much for Colby and his broken jaw, and TWO KNOCKDOWNS was the proof.

To carry an act like Colby does you have to keep winning.

Once you lose, you are going to get trolled nonstop.

Sad thing is that if Colby was even halfway a decent guy, that performance would have seen his popularity skyrocket.

If colby was allowed to be himself he would have been cut from the ufc you goof

<45>I would hope he would try win, he's a professional fighter!

Do you have any idea how many quitting "professional fighters" there are?

Think Conor McGregor, think Anthony Petis .. These guys always fold under pressure and give up.

There are other "professional fighters" who will still stay in a fight, but they no longer believe in their heart they're going to win, and fight defensively after their hurt.

Colby was still trying to knock out Usman, despite his condition.

He didn't sit on a stool, as many would.
He didn't backpedal, run/hide or try to cover-up, as most of the rest would.

No, Colby cstill ame out there, injured yes, but still hungry, still legitimately trying to win the fight.

The difference in gameness between a guy "who goes back out there" ... and then covers up ... versus a guy who goes back out there still authentically bringing the fight is subtle (but it's huge).Most part-time fans don't have the subtlety to recognize it, but those of us who do recognize it will always appreciate it.

Colby never swung for the fences when his jaw broke, he maintained composure which is very commendable. Usman just has more power at the end of the day.

Back