I heard Dustin P wants to move back to 145?

Jean-Claude_Bloodsport

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
what an idiot. He beat max two times and then waits for him to lose to think about moving back to 145.. What an idiot he could have taken max's belt months ago. I thought he was too big now and retired? herp derp dustin
Volk by whatever he wants

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Max beats him at 145 imo, Dustin is not gonna have the same power he has at LW to slow down Max, not to mention his gas thank would probably go to shit after being at LW for so long and then cutting all that weight again.

Why would he not. He got derailed in 155 and has a win over Max. Sure it was in 155 but still.

source?
because apparently the cut to 155 is beginning to get difficult so says DC. So I wanna know where it's coming from that now he wants to go back to 145.

The last time that I heard Poirier talk about FW he said that he is way too big now to ever go back. He said that if he leaves LW it will be to go to WW because the LW cut has became rough.

EDIT:

I found the source. This is from April 2019. Maybe his mind has changed since but he sounds pretty adamant here.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Dustin-Poirier-Open-To-Eventual-Move-To-Welterweight-152677
“I could never make 145 again, and I never will,” Poirier said. “If anything, I’ll go up. Definitely a possibility. My body is just getting heavier, more dense. Things change as you get older, and ’55 is not fun to make anymore. Not that fighting has to be fun 100 percent of the time, but I just want to be healthy.”

Last edited:
Max beats him at 145 imo, Dustin is not gonna have the same power he has at LW to slow down Max, not to mention his gas thank would probably go to shit after being at LW for so long and then cutting all that weight again.
Why would he not. He got derailed in 155 and has a win over Max. Sure it was in 155 but still.
he already beat max at 145 and 155 two times learn to read

He gunna have a hard time winning any other belt.. These current champs are on another level.

He'll forever be the interm champ.

Them 30 yr old bones are too heavy. LW is a good fit. Stick around for the Dana circus to play out. His chances are better vs Tony than Khabib and better vs 2019 Conor than both of those

he already beat max at 145 and 155 two times learn to read

You must be a fun guy to hang around. Nobody gives a shit about some 2012 crap. Today Max is a totally different fighter than back then. Dustin should go down since he will never beat Khabib and LW is way more dangerous division and he won Max just little more than half a year ago. People member that.

With one win there Dustin would be in the title shot. In LW he needs to walk through couple of killers before anybody would consider him in a title shot. Probably not even then if Khabib is the champ.

You must be a fun guy to hang around. Nobody gives a shit about some 2012 crap. Today Max is a totally different fighter than back then. Dustin should go down since he will never beat Khabib and LW is way more dangerous division and he won Max just little more than half a year ago. People member that.

With one win there Dustin would be in the title shot. In LW he needs to walk through couple of killers before anybody would consider him in a title shot. Probably not even then if Khabib is the champ.

yeah he should have moved back after he beat max at 155 and took his 145 belt and been double champ(interim 155 belt). Bad decision is bad khabib ended his life

anik and the crew talked about it briefly on the after show., said it was direct tweet from dustin. Don't shoot the messenger
Just checked Dustins twitter. He doesn't say a word about returning to 145. He does say he wants to come back in April but doesn't have anyone in mind.

Just checked Dustins twitter. He doesn't say a word about returning to 145. He does say he wants to come back in April but doesn't have anyone in mind.

it might have been direct message to anik. I'm not sure but Anik was talking about it like it was breaking news and i bet the fighters send direct messages to him

Back