Colby put asses in seats last night.

Randlewand

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Like Colby or not, he sold the shit out of that card. The crowd was fun, Sherdog's servers crashed, and the main event was a war.

Usman got a ton of press, Uncle Dana gets to keep his snowy driveway, and Colby won over the public stoplight. I used to just find Colby annoying but win or lose, the guy pulled off the impossible last night. Good for him to go from the verge of being cut from the UFC to one of their biggest fighters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. I don't care for his fake character but he gives people a reason to tune in. The UFC probably got a healthy amount of new fans with that war. Rematch would sell very well.

Yeah.. he's the only one at ww who's making things interesting
It was nice watching him getting murked tho

It wasn't Colby, it was the match-up.

Both 15-1, both pressure fighters, both wrestlers.

People were curious how it would play out.

Didn't see Colby pull of any impossible feats last night.

He went from almost getting cut to not getting cut.

3 title fights on any card is going to fill up the MGM or T mobile

It wasn't Colby, it was the match-up.

Both 15-1, both pressure fighters, both wrestlers.

People were curious how it would play out.

Didn't see Colby pull of any impossible feats last night.

He went from almost getting cut to not getting cut.

I used to just be apathetic towards Colby, but his heart is undeniable. Most fighters would have quit last night, but he didn't.

I used to just be apathetic towards Colby, but his heart is undeniable. Most fighters would have quit last night, but he didn't.

I think most fighters would have kept fighting but I was impressed when Colby came out swinging after having his jaw broken.

Less impressed by the b!tch sprint after the fight.

Still, both guys rocked and got rocked.

Don't like either guy but curious how a rematch would go.

I suppose Colby and his fans can have their moral victory. Usman is probably doing ok with a legit victory and title defense.

I think most fighters would have kept fighting but I was impressed when Colby came out swinging after having his jaw broken.

Less impressed by the b!tch sprint after the fight.

Still, both guys rocked and got rocked.

Don't like either guy but curious how a rematch would go.

Good for both of them. Usman is getting the Aldo-effect (when Conor antagonized him) and now Colby is a huge name. The fight was way more exciting then I think anyone expected.

Like Colby or not, he sold the shit out of that card. The crowd was fun, Sherdog's servers crashed, and the main event was a war.

Usman got a ton of press, Uncle Dana gets to keep his snowy driveway, and Colby won over the public stoplight. I used to just find Colby annoying but win or lose, the guy pulled off the impossible last night. Good for him to go from the verge of being cut from the UFC to one of their biggest fighters.
Colby didn't won shit, except for that visit to the hospital.

It’s not WWE, don’t need fake heels, people see through it.

He won respect from the mma community for that performance

He did?
I seen several threads and also tweets from fighters that would disagree with you.

Oh come the fuck on.

How many times have you seen a fighter straight up quit? Once? twice?

And how many time have we seen fighters keep going through injury (or be forced to stop by the doctor) Hundreds? Thousands?

GTFOOH with that shit.

I didn't really pay attention to post fight, but I wouldn't have wanted to deal with DMT Joe with a broken jaw.

Oh come the fuck on.

How many times have you seen a fighter straight up quit? Once? twice?

And how many time have we seen fighters keep going through injury (or be forced to stop by the doctor) Hundreds? Thousands?

GTFOOH with that shit.

Remember fucking PVZ vs Rose?
And most fight fans claims PVZ is not a fighter..

Good for both of them. Usman is getting the Aldo-effect (when Conor antagonized him) and now Colby is a huge name. The fight was way more exciting then I think anyone expected.

Well, Usman won and Aldo didn't.

Also Colby showed great heart last night (followed by his b!tch sprint) but not sure about huge name.

Any fighter that shows heart is bound to win some fans.

The real post-fight story will be to see how Colby bounces back.

And who's persona he'll try to steal next.

The real post-fight story will be to see how Colby bounces back.

True. He's a bit in the position of Rory after the Lawler war. I have no idea if he's going to continue fighting or pursue the whole WWE thing.

Back