Are corners allowed to have contact with the outside?

Raksas

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The reason I'm asking that is because I wondered how Kamaru's corner knew about Colbys broken jaw. They must have gotten that information from someone who heard Colby say it in the corner because it wasn't that obvious in my opinion. If so, I think corners shouldn't be allowed to have any means of contacting the outside. I assumed that was the case but maybe not. Does anyone know if there's a rule prohibiting that?

and how would some one hear it from the audience ?
Or are they sitting and watching the ppv on a TV /computer and calling it in?
Have you ever seen a corner man talk on the phone during a fight?
Imagine all the noise from the arena... its not really quiet

and how would some one hear it from the audience ?
Or are they sitting and watching the ppv on a TV /computer and calling it in?
Have you ever seen a corner man talk on the phone during a fight?
Imagine all the noise from the arena... its not really quiet

No but someone they knew could have and messaged them on the phone or something. That's just an assumption though.

No but someone they knew could have and messaged them on the phone or something. That's just an assumption though.

So some one watched it live on PPV to be able to hear what the corner men said and then sent a text?
Then the corner man was busy with the phone instead of taking care of his fighter?

Why again couldn't they not have contact with outside people? They are simply cornering them, and giving advise, somehow knowing something more during the fight will somehow change the course of the fight? It doesn't make sense to me, what possible reason could it be they'd have to be quarantined from talking to anybody? Hell, someone fromt he crowd could yell it too the fighter from front row. Just seems weird.

So some one watched it live on PPV to be able to hear what the corner men said and then sent a text?
Then the corner man was busy with the phone instead of taking care of his fighter?

Plenty of time to recieve a whatsapp message during a round lol. Why are you getting so defensive? Not saying that happened for sure. What I'm asking is if they are allowed to.

Why again couldn't they not have contact with outside people? They are simply cornering them, and giving advise, somehow knowing something more during the fight will somehow change the course of the fight? It doesn't make sense to me, what possible reason could it be they'd have to be quarantined from talking to anybody? Hell, someone fromt he crowd could yell it too the fighter from front row. Just seems weird.

It absolutely could change the course of a fight. If you point out an injury that your fighter didn't notice he can target that spot

Right? Imagine letting the fighter you’re supposed to be cornering down by spending an entire 7 seconds reading a text message!

Plenty of time to recieve a whatsapp message during a round lol. Why are you getting so defensive? Not saying that happened for sure. What I'm asking is if they are allowed to.

I am not defensive really.
I just have a hard time seeing it.
If that was the case I think fighters would complain about the between round cams and listen in to corners.
Because that could give away information.

Right? Imagine letting the fighter you’re supposed to be cornering down by spending an entire 7 seconds reading a text message!

Ludicrous! Also they have phones with them
Every winner takes pictures in the cage after the fights

They probably heard it from the broadcast team.

Doesnt sound difficult, they must have a lot of friends/teammates watching it live on TV.

that could be possible but I would imagine that it's hard to hear the broadcasters in the arena but if there's no rule against corners using their phones during a fight then that could explain it as well

I guess I am wrong.
But its kinda messed up in away. Being able to hear what the other side is up to.
Corner advise and injuries...

that could be possible but I would imagine that it's hard to hear the broadcasters in the arena but if there's no rule against corners using their phones during a fight then that could explain it as well

There are not, the winners always takes selfies in the cage after the fight.
So they have their phones with them.

Damn TS I admit I was too fast.
You might be on to something.

There are not, the winners always takes selfies in the cage after the fight.
So they have their phones with them.

Them taking pictures after a fight doesn't mean they are allowed to use them during the fight lol

I think I recently heard Renzo texted Serra in the middle of a fight with some strategy. Who gives a shit.

It is is kind of messed up if people are doing this to hear corner advice between rounds. Very Belichick like.

Back