Colby did it!

piropiro

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Colby did it!

Whether it's "he got what he deserved" or "went out like a warrior" or "bad stoppage" or "he was demolished" or "it was bad luck" or one hundred other disparaging or complimentary things ..... everyone is only talking about Colby.

Most threads on MMA forums, most articles on MMA media, most tweets and assorted social media comments about UFC245 are about Colby.

So, in a way he did it: his unbearably obnoxious act has actually made him a star, despite losing.

Now however, between the loss and the lengthy time off due to the broken jaw, he'll need to come up with more to keep the momentum going ...... unfortunately .....

PS: I'm not "celebrating" anything (reading some comments below) and I absolutely dislike his whole act/persona, however I can accept that - unfortunately - he did manage to make himself the absolute center of attention.

Last edited:
You don't get paid for Twitter hashtags, he gets paid what the UFC gives him and that's that

If anything the attention he drew to this fight only amplifies his loss and subsequent humiliation

tenor.gif

Thats a no from me bud...

Wow people celebrating his ass whooping.

He is really respected and will be a billionaire in no time lol

This is the beginning of his downfall.

I found some respect for him the same way I found respect for Henry after Marlon fight.
All B.S. aside he went all out and even though he got killed in the end.
Colby fought his heart out, and thats kinda why I fell in love in MMA during PRIDE...the bushido way.

Colby fought his heart out, and thats kinda why I fell in love in MMA during PRIDE...the bushido way.

Fighters in Pride actually fought for their love of the sport, not because of the money. Colby changed his whole personality, insulted the nation of brazil, insulted dead people and families of fighters just for monetary gain.
This is not at all what PRIDE was about, holy shit.

MMA is about respect. I agree that Colby is a good fighter and showed tremendous heart, but fuck him for continuing that retarded trash-talk bullshit that Conor brought us. Conor cheats on his wife, snorts coke, beats on old people and slurs his words from all the Proper 12. That's what kind of trash people these trash-talkers are that the underage MMA noobs love.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't get paid for Twitter hashtags, he gets paid what the UFC gives him and that's that

Come on, bro. That’s naive and you know it.

You can monetize your presence on social media big time. And if you’re a massive heel and a bigger draw, surely that translates to bigger UFC pay days as well.

Yeah who knew a guy main eventing a UFC card would be talked about after the fight. Not like it doesn't happen to every other fighter.

Come on, bro. That’s naive and you know it.

You can monetize your presence on social media big time. And if you’re a massive heel and a bigger draw, surely that translates to bigger UFC pay days as well.
Except his social media following is trash for the amount of controversy he's created

What major sponsors does he have?

Even boring ass Usman has more followers than him on Twitter and almost 3X as many on Instagram

Covington's taking the loss as expected though

So any credit he gained from the way he fought, he lost again.

Fighters in Pride actually fought for their love of the sport, not because of the money. Colby changed his whole personality, insulted the nation of brazil, insulted dead people and families of fighters just for monetary gain.

MMA is about respect. I agree that Colby is a good fighter and showed tremendous heart, but fuck him for continuing that retarded trash-talk bullshit that Conor brought us. Conor is now a rapist, cheats on his wife, snorts coke, beats on old people and slurs his words from all the Proper 12. That's what kind of people these trash-talkers are that the underage MMA noobs love.

Yeah, I am not a fan of his or his antics.
I understand that he went over the line by alot.
But I have a soft spot for gutsy performances.

Yeah who knew a guy main eventing a UFC card would be talked about after the fight. Not like it doesn't happen to every other fighter.

There were 3 title fights and someone else is the winner of his fight ... yet most of the talk is about Colby.

Just on Sherdog right now, of 30 threads in the first page 12 have Colby in the title! It's like that in most MMA media.

Colby did it!

Whether it's "he got what he deserved" or "went out like a warrior" or "bad stoppage" or "he was demolished" or "it was bad luck" or one hundred other disparaging or complimentary things ..... everyone is only talking about Colby.

Most threads on MMA forums, most articles on MMA media, most tweets and assorted social media comments about UFC245 are about Colby.

So, in a way he did it: his unbearably obnoxious act has actually made him a star, despite losing.

Now however, between the loss and the lengthy time off due to the broken jaw, he'll need to come up with more to keep the momentum going ...... unfortunately .....

PS: I'm not "celebrating" anything (reading some comments below) and I absolutely dislike his whole act/persona, however I can accept that - unfortunately - he did manage to make himself the absolute center of attention.

the worst part is that he’ll have to continue to outdo himself. We are in for some shitty IG videos and some classless “promos” in the future.

There were 3 title fights and someone else is the winner of his fight ... yet most of the talk is about Colby.

Just on Sherdog right now, of 30 threads in the first page 12 have Colby in the title! It's like that in most MMA media.
Thats just sherdog. People have always been talking about colby here

Yeah but that does not really make you money or a superstar..
Winning fights, becoming champ > threads on sherdog.

MMA is about respect. I agree that Colby is a good fighter and showed tremendous heart, but fuck him for continuing that retarded trash-talk bullshit that Conor brought us. Conor is now a rapist, cheats on his wife, snorts coke, beats on old people and slurs his words from all the Proper 12. That's what kind of trash people these trash-talkers are that the underage MMA noobs love.
fighters of Pride were paid by bookies(betmakers) under the table

MMA is about respect. I agree that Colby is a good fighter and showed tremendous heart, but fuck him for continuing that retarded trash-talk bullshit that Conor brought us. Conor is now a rapist, cheats on his wife, snorts coke, beats on old people and slurs his words from all the Proper 12. That's what kind of trash people these trash-talkers are that the underage MMA noobs love.

Any fighter that is willing to destroy his body and sacrifice his family for nothing, fighting for "love of the sport" making millionaires the owners of the organization in the process is a stupid and should be ashamed of himself, but, you are totally right about Colby and Conor behaving as POS for money

Back