Usman's defense and possibly a weak chin

MoroccanFan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Everytime Colby landed a good shot, there was this pause of Usman getting dropped or wobbled, he showed me after this fight that he's shown more human that I had thought.

I think his chin will be the factor when he fights someone who's strong and accurate with his strikes.

Colby fought a good fight, until he started missing and started to be nervous in R5.

I had Colby winning a very close fight, until Usman dropped Colby.

I don't think he was ever really wobbled or hurt badly by a strike. He has a good chin but reacts badly to getting hit, he sort of spazzes out and then ducks his head. If he was rocked, his legs would've been shaky but they weren't.

I remember him eating a flush spinning backfist from Meek but walking right through it.

His striking's kind of weak when you strip out the threat of his wrestling- which him and Colby did to each other.

The result was that we saw their pure boxing skills, without the threat of takedowns, and it was an amateur display.

However against other opponents both Kumaru and Colby can threaten takedowns and thus look much more technical against high level strikers than they did against each other.

You can only hurt him if he think his only way to win is to stand and bang, that means only Colby can hurt him. People just forgot he dominated Woodly who has the most power in the division ?

he takes down any other striker with ease and easily could have taken down cuntington but this shit was personal for him and wanted to KO him which he did in front of the whole world watching

He'll just outwrestle good strikers

The only person who would kick his ass is the current 155 champ but he has no interest in moving up

Wouldn't say there's any evidence of a weak chin but his defense is suspect.

He won by TKO. He sucks.

Masvidal will f Usman up badly. Usman will be panic wrestling from the opening bell.

He was hurt Usman he even said he got hit with some god shots

Usman has basic striking but Usman has power and is a strong guy and sticks to his game

I had Colby winning until the finish

The pace was insane for the amount of shots they threw/took for five rounds... fucking warriors.

Usman just beat Maia, RDA, Woodley, Colby in convicting fashion. Never in serious trouble of going down in any of those fights. Both Woodley and RDA has the ability to hit him hard.

If you can’t cancel out his wrestling then you’re in for a long night.

I think his chin will be the factor when he fights someone who's strong and accurate with his strikes.
And who would that be?

Tyron?
<{1-8}>

Seriously.... tell me who in the top 10 is the man with such attributes

What? If anything this fight showed Usman has a very good chin. Colby hit Usman with quite a few hard clean punches and Usman was never even wobbled, just stunned a bit for a couple seconds.

And who would that be?

Tyron?
<{1-8}>

Seriously.... tell me who in the top 10 is the man with such attributes
476487.jpg

He'll just outwrestle good strikers

The only person who would kick his ass is the current 155 champ but he has no interest in moving up

Even then, Usman is so much bigger so it'd still probably end up in a stand up fight and Usman probably has better stand up than Khabib and he he'd have more of a size advantage than he did over Covington.
Of course Usman could give Adesanya a go and see what his take down defence is really like but maybe Masvidal and Edwards first (if Edwards beats Woodley) and have a champ who actually tries to clean up in their division before moving to another weight class for a change.

Back